What do I need for my hospital bag?

Rosies Mummy - Where did you get a reading light that clips on? i have been looking and not seen any! Need to get one ASAP now, if I go into hosp and cant read my book I will be so frustrtated! x

Think we bought one in waterstones...

I've just been looking for pre packed toiletries on eBay but the only thing I can find is £15!! Don't wanna pay that much! Do you think you can get these of is it wishful thinking?!

I've just been looking for pre packed toiletries on eBay but the only thing I can find is £15!! Don't wanna pay that much! Do you think you can get these of is it wishful thinking?!

i went to sainsburys travel section got 3 empty bottles for 2quid and have filled them myself and added a cheapy bdy spray to it also bought a cheapy value toothbrush n paste so i can chuck when im done

That's a good idea! I was thinking I wish I could just squirt some stuff I already have into a empty bottle!

i just bought them small travel size bottles of showergel shampoo conditioner bodylotion toothpaste..

With Christmas stuff hitting the shelves there must be something, I'm using a pre packed bag i got at tescos last year for a gift but never gave it to anyone

Emma x

Do you think Christmas stuff will be in yet? I hope so but I thought it was after Halloween!

def got some xmas stuff in at tesco as iv been eyeing it up for pressies lol

Do you think Christmas stuff will be in yet? I hope so but I thought it was after Halloween!

Last time i went in to boots they were stocked with xmas things, it gets earlier and earlier!!

Ooh cool I might pop into boots then. We haven't got a tescos but asda hadn't got anything yet! I was talking to mum earlier though and said if all goes well I'm coming home after 3 hours so will I need one? Mw said earlier I need to take my own milk and bottle and they don't sterilise bottles now so I can see me being in labour sterilising everything lol

although the travel kit i got is sold out atm...think i only paid a couple of quid for it...

i bought some of my favourite chocolate today.. to stick in the bag.. :cry: I REALLY WANT TO EAT IT NOW :cry:

I've brought my third lot of sweets now! I can't stop eatting what I buy lol

Boots, tesco, superdrug all have their xmas stuff instore so you should be able to find something!!!

What kindof snacks are you packing? I was planning to do that this week but my ankle has kindof stopped my plans!!! I was not planning to spend my first week on maternity leave with my leg in a cast hopping with a baby bump trying to negotiate a frame!!!

im gonna ask OH to get some bananas and grapes on his way home from work or on the way to the birthcenter hopefully my contractions gives us enough time, then i just got some chocolate and will get some high sugar drinks..

superdrug do handy travel size toiletries :)
i suggest you have a warm pair of socks as your feet can get cold during labour
disposable nickers are good too as they are just thrown away instead of having to carry loads of dirty washing home
and another trick for after birth if your not breast feeding get a cabbage in and put it in the fridge so when your boobs really hurt just put a few cold cabbage leaves inside your bra and it will give so much relieve its unbelievable yes the heat of you wil cook them slightly so dont use your best bra haha

my previous experience of disposable pants is that they are tiny and really uncomfortable. i ended up sending my mum out to get me a cheap multi pack of plain cotton briefs out of tesco.

i am also packing magicool spray. it was a godsend during labour. well worth the money

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back