What do I need for my hospital bag?

totally taking a mental note of these tips ;)
cheers girls!

Ive put 2 dummies in my bag, Im letting baby decide if she wants them or not so I figured it was worth taking them.

i was told it’s best to wait 4 weeks until breastfeeding (if you are breastfeeding) is really well established before using a dummy, in case you put your baby off the breast
sucking on a teat is different from sucking on a nipple and baby’s can get confused in the early weeks

i dont know wether to take this breast pump for the milk because im not exactly breast feeding but my breast milk i want to put in bottles if anyone knows what im on about or am i just wierd? lolx

ooh do you have to take your own towel?! I hadnt thought of that.

nail clippers and file. Nothing worse than a snag nail you cant deal with! Especially when handling your new baby!

Question - Maternity pads or EXTRA thick Sanitary Towels? Like Always Night ones for eg?

I think Im gonna get maternity ones, just so I know theyll do the job. A friend at work recommended those disposable pants for the first few days. She reckoned you'd literally wreck any pants you wear anyway and end up throwing them out. I think Ill be a bit calmer about it if wearing disposables, plus who wants to be soaking and boil washing pants in the first week after baby is born, there will be enough soaking of clothes as it is!!

Ive got my disposable pants ready and packed. Sexy things that they are :) Ive decided that Im going to take a pair or 2 of MASSIVE black pants that are really old anyway, and when Im leaving the hospital or just fancy moving around a bit, Im going to put them over the top of the paper pants. So they feel a bit more secure :)

thats a really good idea. This time of year our lady bits might boil, but Id rather that than constantly worry about leaking!

Disposable pants it is then! lol! I'm liking the sound of Wilkinson Maternity pants - cant imagine them setting you back too much! I Really need to make a list of stuff I need for my hospital bag! Baby's sorted - Mummy's not! x

Jesus - i've just written my list of bits I need to pack and buy... York District Hospital will think i'm moving in! Hahahaaa!

:rofl: my OH saw my list and told me to just bring a few bits cos he can pop home and get stuff if we need it :wall: MEN!

Jesus - i've just written my list of bits I need to pack and buy... York District Hospital will think i'm moving in! Hahahaaa!

I hadnt got one packed last time went there to find out I was staying my Mum just bought me anything it actually did look like I'd moved in :oooo: lol

lol, its hard to pack though when you dont know how long youre gonna be there! Id hate to run out of pants!! went shopping yesterday with OH's card (had his permission, wasnt just theiving lol) and I bought brand new toothbrushes, facewash, showergel, shampoo and deoderant :) Now I have a toilet bag all packed and ready and I dont have to put anything in at last minute :)

^^^ I was debating about whether or not to buy a new toothbrush and toilettries - I'm gonna see if Boots or Superdrug have any small travel size shampoo's etc at a reasonable price, otherwise i'm going to pin a list to the fridge of stuff I need OH to throw in a bag when I go into labour! At least I can blame him if he forgets anything then ;) Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back