Anyone fancy checking this over for me...

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
I've written my list for my hospital bag and I was wondering if i've missed anything... I'm planning a homebirth so hopefully I won't need all this! But i guess I should be prepared!

Hospital Stuff:
Baby:

Sleepsuits x3
Going home outfit
Socks
Hat
Bibs x 3
Nappies (pack of)
Nappy sacks
Towel
Blanket
Scratch mitts

Me:

Pyjamas
Front opening nightie
Large comfy t-shirt
Going home outfit (jogging bottoms and top)
Cheap throw-away knickers
Nursing bra
Socks
Slippers
Maternity pads/sanitary towels (pack of)
Breast pads
Shampoo
Conditioner
Shower gel
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Lip balm
Wet wipes
Flannels x3
Deodorant
Comb
Energy tablets
Snacks/drinks
Straw
Water spray
Birth plan
Spare carrier bags
Tens machine
Maternity notes

Other:

Car seat
Change for car park/vending machines etc
Mobile phone
Camera
Camcorder
Book

cotton wool?
top & tail bowl?
pre packed milk?
dummy?

just thinking what ive got in mine, looks like your pretty much there though :D

dont forget a coat for bubs, apart from that your pretty much covered, i was still packing at 39 weeks :rotfl:

yeh, cotton wool...

Vests for the baby? Dont see it on your lists

i would add some vests and whatever u will use to wipe baby bottom. i know some places give u cotton wool and a little plastic container for water. i have taken some wipes just in case my hospital no longer do it.

are u taking any cd's to listen to in labour?

Not gonna bother with CDs as music tends to bug me half the time!

Will add the other bits.
vests? as in sleeveless legless things? that's what i meant by sleepsuits... lol. I'm not very good with what i mean! What are sleepsuits then?

Hi just a little question... why have you got three of some of the things on your list? I am also having a home birth but I've only packed for one night.

sarahpurple said:
Hi just a little question... why have you got three of some of the things on your list? I am also having a home birth but I've only packed for one night.

I've packed three vest and sleepsuits for baby too even though I am going for one night (hopefully)

I just thought it was best in case of any accidents etc.

Also my midwife reckons not to bother with scratch mits at all and said not to introduce a dummy until breastfeeding is well established (around 6 weeks or so depending on how it works for you.) Don't know if you are BF, just thought I'd mention it.

I've packed for 3 with things because if i end up in hospital it'll be because something didn't go to plan! and therefore i thought i might end up there longer.
And also because i panic and like to over prepare!!!

i wasn't sure about the scratch mitts but they don't take up much room

I'll def pack a coat for baby - that'll be part of the going home outfit

i've packed my 'just in case' bag but it doesnt have half of what youve got!

ive packed:
Baby
3 x sleepsuits
3 x vest suits
scratch mits socks and hats
newborn nappies (6)
1 x warm snowsuit
blanket

Me:
thin dressing gown (in place of front opening nightie, im not buying anything new)
old t shirt
clean tracky bottoms and top to come home in
3 x knickers
socks
2 packs maternity pads
small pack breast pads
TENS machine
nursing bra

i cant see that theres anything else i'd need that the hospital couldnt provide or that OH couldnt bring in if i found i needed it
i couldnt care less if i didnt wear deoderant for a couple of days and used hospital soap!

also would add my big cosy dressing gown , make up and phone on the way (cant pack them!)

BabyBee said:
vests? as in sleeveless legless things? that's what i meant by sleepsuits... lol. I'm not very good with what i mean! What are sleepsuits then?

Vests are like these:
vest.jpg

And sleepsuits are:
sleepsuit.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHH in that case i need to buy some sleepsuits. I have lots of vests but no sleepsuits... lol.

I'm showin my naiviety now aren't I! Lol.
I might ask for some sleepsuits if my family want to buy me things for the baby shower. Lol.

BabyBee said:
AHHHHHHHHHHH in that case i need to buy some sleepsuits. I have lots of vests but no sleepsuits... lol.

I might ask for some sleepsuits if my family want to buy me things for the baby shower. Lol.

Aww its ok, everyone has to do this for the first time :hug:

Sleepsuits = brilliance for first few months.

I prefer them over daytime outfits of trousers/tops or skirts/tops. Much easier to change LO in and more comfy also. Saves lots of pulling around I find. I have about 10 sleepsuits as LO will have them for nights and also fresh ones for daytime wear. I only have 2 actual outfits, everything else is sleepsuits for 0-3 months :lol: I swear by them when caring for babies.

Vests go under the sleepsuit btw :) I have about the same amount of those.

We got LO 2 sleeping bags today also for nighttimes. 1 tog and 2.5 tog up to 6 months. So vest, sleepsuit and one of those for nighttime and should be warm enough :)

I have 2 hospital bags - 1 for baby, 1 for me (more space :lol: )

In babies:

nappies
baby wipes
nappy sacks
3 vests
2 sleepsuits (because I only have 2 in newborn size :lol:)
hat
scratch mittens
snowsuit
pretty blanket :wink:

In mine:

lucozade tablets
tissues
mascara :lol:
arnica pillules
hair brush
hair bandy thing
deoderant
toothbrush and toothpaste
body wash
shampoo and condtionner

breast pads
maternity towels
knickers (lots of cheap ones)
socks
nursing bra
nursing nighty
dressing gown (very thin type as it is boiling in hospital!)
slippers
spare set of clothes

Think that's it - anything in bold is on a list for DH to pack if I do need to go to hospital.
Only packed my bags properly last night :lol: was bored!

Sherlock said:
BabyBee said:

Aww its ok, everyone has to do this for the first time :hug:

Sleepsuits = brilliance for first few months.

I prefer them over daytime outfits of trousers/tops or skirts/tops. Much easier to change LO in and more comfy also. Saves lots of pulling around I find. I have about 10 sleepsuits as LO will have them for nights and also fresh ones for daytime wear. I only have 2 actual outfits, everything else is sleepsuits for 0-3 months :lol: I swear by them when caring for babies.

Vests go under the sleepsuit btw :) I have about the same amount of those.

We got LO 2 sleeping bags today also for nighttimes. 1 tog and 2.5 tog up to 6 months. So vest, sleepsuit and one of those for nighttime and should be warm enough :)

Ahhh! So the vests i have are useful! I'll invest in some sleepsuits! I've got lots of vests already.
I've got one baby sleeping bag and i've been looking at a very pretty one they had in asda which was 2.5 tog so i'll get that too!

I do have a few 'outfits' but i'm not going to get any more!

I have packed 3 vests and 3 sleepsuits despite planning on being home within 6 hours of the birth! I'm expecting the first couple nappy changes to go wrong, he'll either wee all over me and himself when I'm doing the nappy change, or I'll put the nappy on wrong and it'll leak :lol:

I have about 14 vests in total and 9 sleepsuits, all in 0-3 months. Will send OH to Tesco to buy some newborn sized one's if they are miles too big.
I haven't bought a single outfit for him. No doubt family will buy some as gifts and I'll be too tired to dress him up much for the first few weeks anyway.

I really havnt got around to thinking or putting together my bag yet. :oops: feel i should do now everyone is so organised
im waiting till i go on maternity and do it then when ive got moe time to think.

:wave:

i only did mine this week- when i realised that according to some websites im technically full term on monday :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back