Hospital Bag.....

DebbieM

Reaction score
OK, bag is finally packed and will not be getting unpacked again unless I have forgotten something so.... have I? LOL Is there anything else you think I should pack or anything you recommend that is missing?

I have for baby:

Sleepsuits in Newborn and also 0-3
Vests in Newborn and also 0-3
Socks
Coming home outfit and outdoor coat/snowsuit type thing
Hats
Nappies
Bibs
Muslin Cloths
Top & Tail Bowl
Towels
Blanket (A nice one rather than hospital one)
Cotton Wool
Cartons of Milk and Pre-packed sterilised bottles (just incase)
Scratch Mitts
Nappy Sacks
Baby's First Teddy Bear :)

For Me:

PJ's
Front Opening Nighties
Bath Towel
Clothes for coming home
Knickers
Nursing Bra's
Socks
Slippers
Maternity Pads
Nursing Pads
Shampoo/Conditioner
Shower Gel
Toothbrush/Paste
Lip Balm
Breath Freshener (LOL)
Wet Wipes
Flannels
Deodorant
Hairbrush
Mouthwash
Hair Bobbles
Antibacterial Hand Gel (OCD handwasher) :rotfl:
Bachs Rescue Remedy
Arnica
Snacks/Drinks
Massage Oil
Red Pillow Case (SPD Related)
Birthing Ball and pump
TENS Machine
MATERNITY NOTES!!

Other:

Car Seat
Change for phone/car park
Phone List/Mobile Phone
Camera & Batteries
Camcorder

Do you recommend taking any reading material incase it's a long one or would you be too tired/mind elsewhere and wouldn't be able to concentrate?

That is a good list Debbie. I think I might nick that and use it as the basis for packing my own!! :oops:

u got everythin u need... although i wouldnt bother with the reading material... unless you have an epidural early on!
while i was dilating i tried to read the back of a water bottle to keep me focused but i couldnt keep my eyes on any of the words long enough to work out wat they said!

when i had the epidural for the forceps though, i could have easily read a 400 page novel!! lol

Thanks Kim! I'll not bother with the reading material then. I guess if I REALLY wanted something there is always the little shop downstairs. :D

maybe a kitchen sink? :rotfl: Dont the hospitals have their own birthing ball...?

And you might wanna think about packing some nappies...I was lucky the hossies in Spain provide free nappies sanitary towels and baby clothes

If you want to take it that's fine but you don't really need to take a top and tail bowl. The Hospital will provide you with two little pots instead. I wouldn't bother with reading material unless you know you are going to be induced as that can mean lots of waiting around and you might want to read to pass the time. You can buy a card for the tv though if you fancy watching something instead. Hopefully you won't have to be induced though :D I think next time around I will take my own pillow aswell because the one I had was horrible.

I edited my list! I packed nappies but forgot to add them there along with a couple of other things! :D

I was told that if I have it, to take my own birthing ball as they can't always guarantee that there will be one free. Also the same with the top and tail bowl - they recommend taking one with you here. :D

Gemma & Jake said:
Deodorant and hairbrush?

Yep! Got those, and a little mirror. Edited my list once again LOL

Perhaps I should unpack my bag and list it all LOL :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sounds like everything but please do slap me if I am wrong here...............think you missed out 'nappy rash cream'.

I have a feeling I am blind!

brill list deb, im gonna copy it out now as i want to get prepared early :D

Josephine_Beth said:
Sounds like everything but please do slap me if I am wrong here...............think you missed out 'nappy rash cream'.

I thought about adding Sudocreme to my bag earlier but I didn't know if I would need it or not? Should I add some then?

DebbieM said:
Josephine_Beth said:

I thought about adding Sudocreme to my bag earlier but I didn't know if I would need it or not? Should I add some then?

I would do, on the safe side, babies poop like liquid, so just to protect his/her skin.

daft question but how have you sterilized the bottles as I wanted to take some too.

excellent list Debbie :hug:

what about a camera and some batteries?

my midwife also suggested a small amount of massage oil to aid partner in rubbing your back so its doesnt cause friction??

i wouldnt bother with nappy cream, if u did need any thing like that your in a hospital and they have plenty of lotions and potions :rotfl: best to keep babies skin as natural as possible. i never needed any nappy rash cream until alana was badly teething. dissposable nappies wick away all moisture from their skin.

also why are you taking milk and bottles? they provide them in mini pre packed bottles if there needed. as you wont have any where to sterlise them if you did use them the once?

what about flanel and water spray? they are really useful during labour. and lots of munchie food to keep energy levels up especially for OH as they dont get fed and if your like me you wont let OH leave your side even for a split second :rotfl:

what about flanel and water spray?

i deffinately agree with that
i never took any but while i was in labour i had my mum squeezing a sopping wet hospital towel over me all the time and wetting my neck and back all the time.
its amazing how good cold water feels while ur in so much pain lol

Babylicious said:
daft question but how have you sterilized the bottles as I wanted to take some too.

You can actually buy sterilised bottles in places like Sainsbury's for a few pounds. They come in a pack of 4 that are individually wrapped. They're Tommee Tippee and not really that attractive but you bin them once you have used them. Handy just incase! :D

Yep! Got flannels - 2 of! No water spray though! Will find a bottle and pack it tomorrow! I have some massage oil that Matt uses nightly on my back so that will be split into the old bottle and packed too! Keep forgetting about that!

Camera and batteries and video cam are ready to go too! They're on Matt's "Daddy list" :D

DebbieM said:
Babylicious said:

You can actually buy sterilised bottles in places like Sainsbury's for a few pounds. They come in a pack of 4 that are individually wrapped. They're Tommee Tippee and not really that attractive but you bin them once you have used them. Handy just incase! :D

This is them: http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/s ... low_250ml/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back