Well I am High risk for downs etc (UPDATE PAGE 4)

Down's syndrome isn't the end of the world though, i have full time care of a Down's syndrome boy ( though he is a mosaic Down's), the other syndrome's im not sure about, However it does depend on what type of down's it is and what other health problems they have, Hope you get good results

Last edited:
Oh JJ sorry that you have had such a shit day, fingers crossed for your results x

Really sorry, hope the results come back ok x

fingers crossed for you jj my sil was a one in 70 risk and they chose to have amno which has come back ok totally understand why your testing and hope the results are good for you xxxxx

hope all go's well for you jj b thinking of you, I went with my auntie last year when she had this test done and I know it isnt nice everything came bak fine for her hope its the same for youxxxxxx

hi jj so sorry youve had this news back and had to go through more tests today, Fingers crossed that they come back fine. Thinking of you xx I have been told that if any prob with my results I would find out tonight so im hoping for no calls. keep us posted xxxxx

Hey JJ Mum, thinking of you. You MUST rest up. My test results came back 1 in 30 and I had the amnio. What's the difference between that and the CVS? I had to wait 4 days for the immediate results and then 3 weeks for the second set - was a horrible time but all came back clear. I had a lot of cramping and pain in the few days after the amnio and also fainted twice straight after the procedure was done so make sure you really really put your feet up.

Thinking of you though, keep positive xxx

Only just catching up - sorry to hear you had to go through such a long test today. Fingers crossed for good results quickly. Hope you are resting and being looked after.

pfft at your boss, im sure the power makes them insensitive sometimes!!

keep resting and good luck, things will work out for the best xxx

Glad all went well JJ, rest up and take it easy! Fingers and toes crossed for good results xx

Can't believe your having to go through this now, make sure you rest up hunni - I am sure everything will be fine x

good luck and best wishes for ur tests hun xxx

hun im really sorry to read your news...i cant begin to understand how u are feeling, i lost my lil boy full term because of hospital...just be positive and hope it goes well. Take no notice of ur boss...its all about figures and what benefits their company! You just concetrate on urself and ur lil one xx

Oh what a scary time, can't imagine what you're feeling right now.

My hubby works with a bloke who's partner was tested and it came back she had a 1 in 2 chance of having baby with downs. She eventually had a baby who was 100% healthy with no problems whatever. I know this won't make you feel any better right now but it shows that there is always a bright side x

Rósa;1563740 said:
Down's syndrome isn't the end of the world though, i have full time care of a Down's syndrome boy ( though he is a mosaic Down's), the other syndrome's im not sure about, However it does depend on what type of down's it is and what other health problems they have, Hope you get good results

I do know what you mean Rosa, I have three other older kids to think about to, what if something happened to myself and my hubby, or either of us didn't live till a downs baby reached average age of 50 ish plus even, I can't decide that my children would have that responsibility passed down to them, that's too much for me to ask of them for me to have my one more baby, there is ore than just me involved. I know it sounds very harsh and very one veiw point, but I cannot tie them up, only myself X

How are you today hun? :hug:

Hi Mamafy, thanks for asking, and girls thanks for all your lovely replys.
I am doing ok, bit sore still ,but nothing major, taking it easy and working from home, just in case

Should get results friday or monday, but hope they may ring tomorow perhaps

Ahh I just got a new ticker picture - love it!

Last edited:
Best of luck for your results jj - goodness you've been through the mill a bit eh? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back