~~~*Wedding Thread*~~~

Ellie2705 said:
vickie said:
Ellie2705 said:
vickie said:
Ellie your dress is stunning...im so jealous.Im gonna be 8 months pregnant when i waddle down the aisle (brave i know) and there isnt a hell of a lot of choice for maternity dresses out there but i think i might go for this one

http://www.mamabridal.com/Amy-Maternity ... 16166.html

Ooh, thats lovely! Love the cross over bits at the front :)

Cheers Ellie..though i would rather have your dress lol

It doesnt look as good on me as it does on the skinny cow in the picture! lol
You'll look gorgeous, all glowing and radiant!

Glowing!!!! Whoever said you glow in pregnancy is full of sh1t :rotfl: ive got greasy hair and acne.....at 33 for gods sake!!!

But luckily my sister in law is paying for me to have all my make up and hair done in the morning etc so hope they can work miracles lol.

And im sure you look great in it hunny,bet youve tried it on loads of times havnt you? I would be every day if i had mine hanging upstairs hehe

herbalhippie said:
I would like to decorate our reception myself, i figured it would give me somthing to do and take my mind off the nerves the night before but im not sure our venue will let me

oooh.... talking about the night before, what's everyone doing the night before??? are you all shipping your OH's off somewhere for the night or will they be around? I'm not sure what we'll do... I think I'd quite like to have the night "alone" (with LO and probably my parents!) but I dont know if it will pan out that way... where OH would stay... I guess he could go to his mum's....

Im staying at the hotel where our reception is with my gran, best friend, oh's mum and lots of champagne! OH is either staying at ours with his dad and brother or at his dads place, we're doing the whole 'not seeing each other the night before' thing

I was just going to go for flowers... I'm thinking of having a herbal theme... (go figure) so am looking into traditional wedding herbs! maybe herb baskets for centerpieces...

herbalhippie said:
I would like to decorate our reception myself, i figured it would give me somthing to do and take my mind off the nerves the night before but im not sure our venue will let me

oooh.... talking about the night before, what's everyone doing the night before??? are you all shipping your OH's off somewhere for the night or will they be around? I'm not sure what we'll do... I think I'd quite like to have the night "alone" (with LO and probably my parents!) but I dont know if it will pan out that way... where OH would stay... I guess he could go to his mum's....

My OH will be staying in a hotel with his man and all his family and friends and going for a meal with them while me,my mum and my maid of honour will be pampering and getting a chinese take away......bliss!!!!

Sarah&Braydon said:
i would have had my friend as MOH but my sis is lol!

wot kinda decorations are people having

and vickie no ur not the only one

Ahhh right...in that case as long as u can afford the dress for her then yeah go ahead and ask if it would mean a lot to you.

were having Balloons,2 sets on each table....2 gold and one clear saying just married in between and table confetti...also going to take the flowers from the pews in the church to put on the tables,might aswell make the most of them as they gonna cost enough.

vickie said:
Ellie2705 said:
vickie said:
Ellie2705 said:
vickie said:
Ellie your dress is stunning...im so jealous.Im gonna be 8 months pregnant when i waddle down the aisle (brave i know) and there isnt a hell of a lot of choice for maternity dresses out there but i think i might go for this one

http://www.mamabridal.com/Amy-Maternity ... 16166.html

Ooh, thats lovely! Love the cross over bits at the front :)

Cheers Ellie..though i would rather have your dress lol

It doesnt look as good on me as it does on the skinny cow in the picture! lol
You'll look gorgeous, all glowing and radiant!

Glowing!!!! Whoever said you glow in pregnancy is full of sh1t :rotfl: ive got greasy hair and acne.....at 33 for gods sake!!!

But luckily my sister in law is paying for me to have all my make up and hair done in the morning etc so hope they can work miracles lol.

And im sure you look great in it hunny,bet youve tried it on loads of times havnt you? I would be every day if i had mine hanging upstairs hehe

That'll be a nice treat! Ive been really good and only tried it on twice, I'd be doing the hoovering in it if i thought i could keep it clean!

wow - you girls can certainly talk weddings :lol:

I'm having round tables :D With a long top table. Well at least thats what I want and thats what the venue offers :lol: will confirm once I have actually booked the thing

I love the ideas of little uns for bridesmaids. :D I am having my friends little girl, my cousins littl girl and my aunty's little girl who will be aged 3, 3 & 2... ahhhh how sweet. I wanted to cut costs hence no big bridesmaids.

Ellie that wedding dress is gorgeous :D

I need ideas for colour schemes please girls :think: I had deep red for my last wedding :oops: so thats a no no :)

Ellie2705 said:
vickie said:
What date is your wedding Ellie...looks to be close to mine :D

25th July! 150 days today! Aagh!

Mines on the 7th August...a friday,different i know lol but at such short notice was all we could get at the chapel we wanted,well i say wanted...its a huge chapel seating up to 800 people in a private school grounds,my step dad is the care taker of the school so we getting it for free :dance:

All this wedding talk has got me all excited and im not gonna be able to sleep now...i blame you lot lol :rotfl:

Im tempted to go surf ebay again but spent a fortune on there today getting bits and cant afford anymore...someone take my debit card of me pleeeeeease :wall:

vickie said:
Sarah&Braydon said:

Ahhh right...in that case as long as u can afford the dress for her then yeah go ahead and ask if it would mean a lot to you.

were having Balloons,2 sets on each table....2 gold and one clear saying just married in between and table confetti...also going to take the flowers from the pews in the church to put on the tables,might aswell make the most of them as they gonna cost enough.

Good idea about the flowers, they're not exactly cheap so using them in both places would save a fortune!

Sarah&Braydon said:
im having dark blue :D
always wanted purple tho

Why not have purple then? Although i gotta admit dark blue sounds lush...my fave colour :dance:

Ellie2705 said:
vickie said:
Sarah&Braydon said:

Good idea about the flowers, they're not exactly cheap so using them in both places would save a fortune!

My cousin is a florist so we getting them at cost price but by the time you have flowers for pews,stand at the top of the aisle,button holes,posies for bridesmaids and my bouquet its gonna cost a pretty penny.

Not that ive decided what flowers i want...i would lilys for my bouquet other than that i have no idea...what ever is cheapest lol

Sarah&Braydon said:
vickie said:
[quote="Sarah&Braydon":2ut0b45g]im having dark blue :D
always wanted purple tho

Why not have purple then? Although i gotta admit dark blue sounds lush...my fave colour :dance:

i would have but my OH is in the navy and is going to be in his uniform so it just seemed right to have navy blue lol[/quote:2ut0b45g]

Ahhhh i see where you coming from then....my OH will be in his RAF number 1's...sort of bluey/grey colour,not very pretty colour really lol...all his mates will be wearing them too..saves on suits though hey!!!

Sarah&Braydon said:
i didnt realise he was in the RAF
did u know snuggles hubby is in the RAF to /

No i dont think i did...not sure if she replied on my armed forces thread.my memory is poo :wall:

We gonna have 2 of his mates standing outside the church in uniform helping peeps inside etc,and he wants a standing gaurd as we come out...which would be cool :D

How are you coping without your OH? How long has been gone now?

Arghh! I get distracted by the bum fun threaf, then come back here and there's 4757 new pages! :rotfl:

Vickie...your dress is lovely :D

Decoration wise I'm having a purple and ivory colour scheme. Getting helium ballooons, ribbon, helium canister and organza bags off ebay.

muppetmummy said:
Arghh! I get distracted by the bum fun threaf, then come back here and there's 4757 new pages! :rotfl:

Vickie...your dress is lovely :D

Decoration wise I'm having a purple and ivory colour scheme. Getting helium ballooons, ribbon, helium canister and organza bags off ebay.

Oh bugger...i forgot about a helium cannister :doh:

Fair play we been busy filling about 4 pages in the last 2 hours lol.

Aww thanks hun...it seems to be the best i can find...i want one with at least a bit of a train and there aint much out there but this one ticks the boxes,gonna leave it till july to get it to see how big i get lol.

Helium is something I forgot to put on my 'still need to buy' list, oops!

I have a funny feeling Im going to be very distracted at work today, wedding speak always gets me really excited! :D

x

Sarah&Braydon said:
his been gone for a week now and im hating it :(

does it work out alot cheaper to do the balloons yaself then ???

Well I got 75 balloons for about £3 from the confetti website, no idea how much the helium would be but im going to ask my florist if she knows anywhere we can get it cheap. One of the girls at work said they have party size helium cannisters at Asda but they were quite expensive and the balloons started to go down after a few hours. Might try Costco or somewhere like that

This is thread is buzzing i will try to reply to as much as i can remember.

We are having our reception at a holiday park so me, bridesmaids, mother and father plus some relatives who are travelling will be staying there the night before in the holiday lodges, i can't wait they have hot tubs and everything. I think oh will be at his parents with dd.

I warn you for someone who has ages to go until May 2010 i have it all planned out in my head what im having. :oops: ive waiting for this day for years :lol:

Im having big square fishbowls (to go with the square tables) with something in not sure what yet and then 3 balloons to add height. We have a few pillars so i may get some fairy lights for those. My colour scheme is dark red and ivory as i have a dark red dress so it picked itself really. Im swaying to a rose theme aswell so roses for the flowers, rose themed invites iykwim not to ott though. Oh and lots of rose petals on the tables.

SC there are loads of colours you could have teal seem really popular now as does purple. Sarah i love the dark blue thats going to look fab.

I loved the idea of having pebbles and writing peoples names on for the place setting but it didn't go with our theme and its cheap. We are planning on having a digital photo frame showing at our reception of our hen/stag night pics aswell as our ceremony pics as most of my guests are not coming to the ceremony (the usher is in charge of that one :lol: ).

I could talk weddings for hours :lol:

Whats everyone doing about transport? I think i might just pull the resources we have oh is a manager for a hire car firm so may just get a nice hire car to save money. As we are only having a small intimate wedding ceremony not many people will see it anyway.

I forgot to say my venue has said that if the room is free the night before we can decorate then, if not i will have to get someone to do it in the morning for me as im getting married at 11.30 ive barely got enough time to get ready myself!

My wedding coordinator will probaly do it for me although i may have to pay :? Im arriving there about an hour before most guests so i will have a bit of time to check it all anyway. I guess the secret is to be organised in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back