Weaning

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
I know the guideleines for weaning are now 6 months but I have a friend who started weaning her son at 4 months.

Just wondered how old your LO was when you started weaning and if you weaned early what was your reason for starting early?

I've been giving Finlay baby porrige and steamed veg since he was 4 months - or just over.

He was killing himself trying to get to your food when we were eating :lol:

Most of the products say 4-6 months on them ;)

Weened at 14weeks on advice of Pedeatrician, DS loves food!! :)

Lucky really as he dont take much milk

Seren first at 19 weeks, then stopped and started again at 5 1/2 months. I was given shit advice by my HV (who was ecouraging me to start at 14 weeks). Then with Cally I weaned her at 6 months exactly.

weaned at 4 months under orders of the ped :roll: cos his reflux and he was a massive baby ( at that time his now completely slowed down if not stopped growing lol ) he became really interested at 6 months tho so wish id waited

a week before connor hit 6 months, on the advice of my breast feeding councillor. he'd shown all the classic signs for several weeks beforehand, but was gaining weight consistently on boob milk so i felt no need to wean any sooner.

:)

I made it to two weeks before he turned 6 months, but he was a week overdue and has always been a big baby (he's already over 22lbs) so although I did want to wait until he turned 6 months we didn't quite make it. We did a week of BLW then went back to milk for a week when I realised hunger wasn't why he had been waking up more in the night, then started again at 6 months.

Emms was nearly 5 months. I started her on babyrice once a day to begin with and this was because she seemed ready. She was smacking her lips, watching me eating and drinking, trying to grab it and bring to her mouth, etc. When I started her she loved it and is now on 2 meals a day. I think you have a kind of instinct with it. If they're not ready apparently they will just push it out of their mouth with their tongue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back