Silent reflux and weaning questions

riotfox

Reaction score
Just wondering when you started weaning if your baby had silent reflux/reflux? If you started weaning before 6 months did it help the silent reflux/reflux? xx

I started giving my LO bits of baby rice in the morning at about 4 months because she was drinking so much food to comfort herself she was throwing up everywhere (shes was a very sicky, very colicy baby) and it helped her keep her milk down a bit and gradually made her settle better as well.

I know thats not silent reflux but it may help settle his stomach a little. I wouldnt wean before 4 months though and even then only start on very simple things in the morning .

Thanks for the reply. I was going to keep with the milk as long as I could. He is 4 months on Thursday but would like to get further than that before weaning. Pleased it worked for you. I have another paediatrician app on Thursday so I will ask his advice as well. He has just started with a cold and he is teething at the moment so his silent reflux has flared up again. We had got it kind of under control if I could call it that. Would be so nice if he took a bottle without struggle. xx

Charley has reflux. Weaning didn't make any difference tbh!
He's calmed down loads since going onto cow's milk but is sick if I give him a jar of food so have to cook everything myself for him.

Paige is the same if she has the premade food. With the jars it just came back up, it was horrible and even now at 14 months if I give her some of the toddler meals she'll be sick which, quite frankly, is just gross because it's proper sick :sick:

I was lazy tonight and gave charley a jar and he brought it all back up but all over me! I've just had a shower cos I stink :(

Its like punishment for being lazy isn't it! I feel for you.

Thanks for the warning about jar food. Luckily I was planning on making my own purees when the time comes. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back