*** Weaning Thread *** (Stage two yet?)

Hiya :wave:

All going well over here, Jack only has 2 bottles a day, one morning one night. Sometimes a couple of oz's during day if he's extra hungry and won't settle. I am mixing between jars and like Lola's mummy giving him what we have mashed up. He seems fairly happy and settled so i'm becoming a bit more confident. Had a few occasions of panic and slapped backs when experimenting with finger foods. Scary business :lol:

He is drinking plenty of water with his meals and is really getting the hang of using a sippy cup, didn't think i'd be so proud of little things like that. He's not a fussy eater either. He'll eat anything I give him pretty much although he prefers savoury to sweet but that can only be a good thing.

Hope all you girls and babies are doing well :hug:

Imogens still fine with her lumpy food, she has it off to pat now and wolfsdown chunky food.

Had a bit of a omg moment earlier where i gave her some tiny ham sandwiches but she was stuffing way too much into her mouth and she started choking, so we have decided to let her eat the bread and ham seperately.

She tried strawberries today and got on really well and seemed to like them.

we were doing so well... she was eating everything I gave her, starting finger foods and managing lumpy food etc. THEN... she got her bottom two teeth and seems to be struggling a lot with them. She systematically 'weaned' herself off all food except milk and water. Now she locks her mouth, looks away and refuses anything.
Great. Even her nappies have gone back to pre-weaning ones.
Have to start again when Dramaqueen decides she is ready. Funny that she can eat cardboard no problem...

hehe bless her, my friends little girl has gone exactly the same way since she started teething, have you tried colder food, the coolness might be better on her gums and help? Just a thought :hug:

oh Sweetcheeks...you abandoned the weaning thread while I was away ;)

LO has now cut her two teeth at the bottom but she still won't really eat properly. She is back on milk again and only having the odd bits here and there and definitely not purees, just things she can bite and chew.

She doesn't eat too much this way and it is really frustrating because she is now waking up really hungry because obviously milk is not enough for her anymore. :(

She was doing so well before but now every single feeding time is a struggle. Took 6 Hipp jars on holiday for a week and brought back 3!

How long do you think it will go on for?

aww bless her, Jack went like this when cutting teeth. Maybe try cooler things which will be kinder to her gums?

I'll have you know this thread was abandoned cos I was busy doing housework :fib:

Good to have you back, have missed you on here :hug:

Hi :wave:

Haven t been on here for a while. Charlotte has also cut 2 teeth Newmum, and is doing a lot better with food. We ave finally cut down on her milk a bit too
:cheer:

Hows everyone ls doing?

Charlotte is still not eating much breakfast she has a bit but then quickly gets fed up and just wants a full bottle of milk.

How much water are your LOs drinking??

Jessica is now on 3 bottles a day and 3 meals. :cheer: :cheer: .
No sign of teeth yet though, she's been knawing on everything for almost a week and has been a bit cranky.Hope they appear soon for her .
She is still eating okay but I'm having problems getting her to have lumps. I made her shepherds pie yesterday pureed about half and just mashed the other with a fork so there was lumps, she had a few mouthfuls with lumps and seemed to be chewing it but then she threw a tantrum banging her feet on feet support on the high chair :shock: .
She has eaten some rusk,cheese and a bit of breadstick by herself and looked to chew them so dunno what to think.
How did everyone else introduce lumpy things?

Glad charlotte's eating better nikkif. I'm not sure exactly how much water Jessica has, She absolutely loves her sippy cup i think it's cos she feels soo grown up with it. But i would say she has about 2.5 - 3oz it is a bit of a estimate because she does like shaking her cup around too. :hug:

Hi Babyroo :wave:

Sorry i have no tips for the lumpy food yet, thats the next thing we need to try.

Charlotte has 6-8 oz in morning, and 4OZ with lunch and tea (12 and 4p.m) and 7-9Oz at bedtime. When do you give your 3 bottles in relation to meal times? I am not sure if to give 3 bottles or cut out one of the 4oz bottles next?

Dylan's not got any teeth yet either, but that's good because I'm still bf last thing at night. I tried to give that up but I'm going to keep doing it until I can bear to stop! Dylan is still the eating machine, there has never been anything that he's refused as yet. This is what he's been having the last 2 days.

7am - 6oz bottle
8am - weetabix with banana/porrige with h/m fruit puree both with toast
9.30am - 7oz bottle
12.30 - h/m tomato soup then yogurt with h/m fruit puree, breadsticks with hummus/macaroni cheese then half bagel with dairylea, slices of cucumber
3pm - 7oz bottle
5pm - liver, onions & potato then stewed apples/salmon, veg & cheesey potatoes then strawberries, pear & clementines to feed himself
7pm - long bf then bed

I'm quite lucky that D likes his food - I hope it continues x

well we are trying some slightly lumpier food today, when i had a cook day yesterday i purposely left his chicken dinners a little lumpier so thats what he his having for his dinner, i will let you know how he got on.x

weenik - Jack is like that too, seems to love all his food and is now on 3 meals a day. :dance:

Nikki - hope the teeth didn't cause too much upset for LO, I usually give Jack a bottle first thing on a morning then wait 1 hour and half then he usually has his breakfast then, I find cos he's ot overly hungry her takes it much better. I'd say Jack has approx 2 oz's of water per day. I fill up his sippy cup and he has some with dinner and rest for teatime. :)

Newmum - is LO feeding any better since you got home? I hope so :hug:

:D

Were on 3 meals a day ab.now, all lumpy foods, is eating lots of finger foods and shes loving it! is having lots of water with her meals too so im really pleased and im not letting her have juice either! shes enjoying fruit too which is fab.

Hi everyone.
LO finally started eating again. She wouldn't eat anything for 2 weeks and just wanted milk. But now she has the two teeth through she is back on food again :cheer: with a difference........ now she won't eat purees. Everything has to be lumpy and chewable. Funny little thing. Thanks for asking Sweetcheeks.

She is still having a bottle in the night :( so I am trying to give her one on waking and one before bed and then the third in the night.

Two nights running I heard her stirring at midnight and had a look to see why she was waking up. Both times her tummy was rumbling and then she woke up. Have no idea why. Gave her Goodnight milk at 7 and by 12 she was really hungry.

Nikki - Sometimes LO drinks a lot of water and other times she isn't too interested. I started to fill up a small bottle /sippy cup with 100ml and keep giving it her through the day and try to get her through it. Sometimes works sometimes not. I started lumpy food with bits of banana. Was a bit nervous about choking but figured that banana is so slippery it would just slither down :)

Newmum - glad Lo is eating again!! :cheer:

Sweetcheeks, i tried what you suggested about breakfast and she hardly wanted any breakfast so i am just hoping that will be the next thing to improve. We have tried weetabix, porridge and baby cereals and she just isn't that interested in food in the morning which is when you would think she would be more hungry! I just don't get it!!

When is her last bottle before breakfast Nikki?

What time is her first bottle in the morning Nikki?

She has a bottle at 7p.m and then we usually give breakfast at 7a.m ish but it doesn't matter whether we give her milk 1st of after she doesn't normally want much breakfast :wall:

Oh have you all switched to follow on milk for the extra iron etc? I am not sure what to do as mu HV said it isn't really necessary but i want to know she is getting the right vitamins etc :?

Nikki.. just persevere and i'm sure she'll pick it up after a while, Jack was like that with his teatime and has only just started eating it all past week or so :) I switched to the follow on milk, I wasn't going to but then realised it has extra iron which is good but also you get advantage points at boots for follow on milk I think :oops: :lol: it can't do any harm as I see it and Jack seems to have taken to it well :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back