Weaning to bottle...

purplebluered

Reaction score
For a whole host of reasons and then some, I'm weaning Isaac to bottle.

Now I have loads of questions!! Isaac already had one EBM feed using tommee tippee closer to nature bottles, so I guess I continue using these.

- What are those things called that keeps the formula separate from the water inside the bottle?
- LO takes his bottles at room temp so is it acceptable to make up the water in the morning and then just add formula as needed? Or does the milk need to be heated first and then cooled down?
- I'm planning on weaning him one feed per week, is that the best way to do it?

Umm...have loads of other questions but can't think right now!!

Thanks girlies! :hug: :hug:

not sure about the bottle, but they sell little box type things that have seperate compartments for milk powder in most places (tesco, asda, mothercare etc...) i used one of these with my LO.

and as for the water, i was told that as long as the water had been boiled properly and cooled down it didnt really matter how long it had been there, (within reason of course lol) and then you could just add formula when ready for a feed, i used to do that with my LO when we were out and it couldnt be warmed. xxx

hon they are powder pots bout £3 for 6 in tesco!

i use mam bottles and the bibi powder pots which are brilliant and pour really easily.

Sounds like you are doing everything right :)

(Yes you can just use room temp water, add powder & feed.)

Thank you for all your replies!! It's nice to know I'm doing the right thing with the bottles! Isaac has the first bottle feed of the day at 11, and he took it well from DH. DH got the powder dispenser thingies from mothercare - thanks lisa that was exactly what I was thinking of! My boobies don't seem too bad for having missed one feed so hopefully will miss out on the pain! I know it's the right decision to make, but it's been a hard one to make. DH has promised me a lie in as soon as I drop the first feed of the day (the joys of having a DH being made redundant!) and as soon as Isaac drops all the day time feeds, he'll take him out for the day and I can go and have a pampered day with my mummy, can't wait!!

Thanks all :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back