How much do you give your 1year old at each meal time?

haych86

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So Alfie is 1 in 2 weeks and eats all foods reasonably well. There's not much he doesn't like or eat and he has plenty of fruit veg and meat everyday so is getting a wide variety in his diet. We are in the middle of changing over from formula to cows milk so he now has an 8oz straw beaker ( we have given up the bottles) of cows milk in the morning and an 8oz formula at night.

The only thing I am struggling with is portion sizes and how much I should offer him.

Here are the last 2 days meals so you can tell me if Im offering too much or not enough.

Monday

Breakfast 7am - 2 table spoons of cheerios with a splash of cows milk, half a banana and 8oz cows milk

Mid morning snack 10.30am - 1 organix biscuit and watered down apple juice

Lunch 1pm - Ham sandwich (1 slice of bread), 3/4 organix crisps, 5/6 grapes, Water to drink

Dinner 4.30pm - Fresh diced chicken (5 medium chunks), mashed potato (2 table spoons) Brocolli 2 small florrettes and water to drink. Petit Filous Yoghurt and small biscuit for pudding

7pm - 8oz formula

Tuesday

Breakfast 7am - 2 table spoons of Ready brek made with cows milk and 8oz milk to drink

Mid morning snack 10.30am - Toast and Jam (1/2 slice bread), a bit of sliced apple and watered down apple juice

Lunch 1pm - scrambled egg (1 table spoon), 1 small Cumberland sausage, petit filous yoghurt and water

Dinner 4.30pm - Tuna, cheese and pasta bake, fruit sponge and custard, water

7pm - 8oz formula

He only gets offered water occasionally throughout the day in case he is thirsty

Does this seem alot to you?

He is spot on for height and weight he is 80cm height and 24lb weight intact we have been told he is tall and slim he could actually be heavier for his weight. but I dont want to over offer or under offer food.

I'm not 100% sure tbh but my lil man is 8 months and for lunch he has
1 slice if bread made into sandwich 3/4 organic crisps a handfull or fruit and a yoghurt or fruit pot. So maybe a little more than your Lo now....but then again d may be having too much.its hard to say.

Every baby is different and so I guess if he is a suitable weight, healthy, and not hungry for more food then id say you are fine hun x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Sounds great to me hun. Im taking my lo to a fussy eater course and the nutritionist told me that 1 pirtion size is roughly the size of the palm of their hand. So a banana is like 3 fruit portions, handful of frapes another, a pear would be 2 portions, florret of broccoli = 1 etc etc. when my lo has a sandwich i make it with 1 slice of bread, when he has pasta i cook two heaped table spoons. Hipe that helps xx

Sounds great to me hun. Im taking my lo to a fussy eater course and the nutritionist told me that 1 pirtion size is roughly the size of the palm of their hand. So a banana is like 3 fruit portions, handful of frapes another, a pear would be 2 portions, florret of broccoli = 1 etc etc. when my lo has a sandwich i make it with 1 slice of bread, when he has pasta i cook two heaped table spoons. Hipe that helps xx

Thanks hun that hand portion size is a really good tip :D

I'm not 100% sure tbh but my lil man is 8 months and for lunch he has
1 slice if bread made into sandwich 3/4 organic crisps a handfull or fruit and a yoghurt or fruit pot. So maybe a little more than your Lo now....but then again d may be having too much.its hard to say.

Every baby is different and so I guess if he is a suitable weight, healthy, and not hungry for more food then id say you are fine hun x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Thanks hun :)

One way to tell if he's not satisfied is being grumpy after and between meals. My LO eats a fair bit more than that and he's 13 months. He'll have porridge in the morning with half a banana mixed in and after that the other half a banana. That is around 7-8am. If it's more towards the 7am mark i'll give him a snack of grapes and biscuit around 9.30-10am and give him his lunch at 11.30-12. He always has an afternoon snack too, he gets way to grumpy otherwise. Because he feeds himself, sometimes most of it ends up on the floor so i always offer more just in case.

You know your baby hun, if he's happy with that then thats fine. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back