Too much, too little or just right? How do you know?!

Full of hope!

Reaction score
I've been weaning Jacob since he was 4 months old and it has been going really well, he's taken to it like a duck to water :D

Anyway, he is 6 months old next we and is currently having the following;

8am - 8oz bottle followed by baby porridge/cereal ( about 3 tablespoons made up)
12pm - 8oz bottle followed 5 ice cubes of my own veg puree or half a jar or 'powdered food' made up to about 4 tablespoons
4pm - 8oz bottle followed by same as 12pm then also a pudding :shock: such as fruit puree
7pm - 8oz bottle before bed.

Do you think i'm giving him too much milk/food for his age? Sometimes he only has 7oz from his bottles so I was wondering if I should cut them all down to 7oz? (He was on 9oz every 3 hours during the day before weaning)

He's quite big for his age, in 9-12 mth sleep suits 6-9 mth clothes and on Monday he weighed 18lb 5oz, following the 75th centile perfectly :D
He seems very content on what I am giving him and is hardly ever sick. I'm just not sure i'm doing things right with his weaning :? I mean how do you know if your giving too much or too little?

I havent got a clue hunni. :rotfl:

I would think if he is leaving his milk then he is getting enough food and drink? He would let you know if he wanted more of either,

I guess there would be no harm in introducing a snack??

I would prob give my HV a call.

:hug: :hug:

Thanks Jo and Midna :) Can always rely on you Midna to answer my questions, it's very much appreciated :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back