waterbirth... !!

Being relaxed is good though, it's anxiety and stress that really slows things down as adrenalin blocks the release of oxytocin.

We blew up the pool yesterday, it's massive!! Eeek! Won't need to fill it right up or I'll drown haha xx
Xx

glad you are all lookin forward to it like i am :) and omg 8cm that was really close! lol they say to ring up when you 5-8 mins contractions apart dont they but i rekon 15 mins apart is close enough for me to be ringin to go up there! lol id wanna just be settled and in there knowing am in their hands n stuff . i thought i would be dreadin labour but im actually excited about the whole thing cuz i know once it starts happenin it wont be long before i meet my baby boy :) xx

Wow, we were told 3-5 mins apart before we call :-\

Xx

thats what i have just been told by my midwife now! lol they all say different! she also told me ya usually get in the pool when ya about 5cm xx

yeah , thats the only things you can do, what will be will be its just nice to have those wishes written down and at least hope and abit of organising that its gonna go the way you want it to :D i cant wait to start my antenatal classes on the 14th n get to look at the pools :D excited! lol xx

Last edited:
All being well i should be having a waterbirth :) we have 5 or 6 i think in are midwifery led unit.
thats if Noah makes an appearance before the weekend! otherwise its a bed and pessary/drip :( lol xx

Last edited:
aww hun no :( :( make sure you have looaaddss of sex ! haha and eat ya pineapple n bounce on ya ball n all that crap! make him as uncomfy as possible n he will wanna come out surely! lol what symptoms you havin if any? like any cramps or back ache n stuff? xx

Ive tired every trick in the book including 2 sweeps and hes not budging!
Im in slow labour, so the MWs say! Since friday night. Im 3cm dilated, and getting contractions now and then hut very spaced apart. I also had my blooy show sat and lost it over 3 days. Todays the only day i can finally wipe and none come away!! Lol

But he still wont come out! Xx

Ive tired every trick in the book including 2 sweeps and hes not budging!
Im in slow labour, so the MWs say! Since friday night. Im 3cm dilated, and getting contractions now and then hut very spaced apart. I also had my blooy show sat and lost it over 3 days. Todays the only day i can finally wipe and none come away!! Lol

But he still wont come out! Xx

My friend had similar last month. She had contractions on and off for a week and just when she kept thinking it was it, she was only staying at 3cm and then the contractions would stop.

Try and keep busy and arrange to do things, then baby will come when you least expect it. Book a cinema ticket for Friday night and hopefully you won't get to use it!!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

only just come back on and seen this!! congrats hes a lil beauty!! :D xxx

I would really like a waterbirth but have heard the water can be quite hot? Was hoping for a nice cool one!

I would really like a waterbirth but have heard the water can be quite hot? Was hoping for a nice cool one!

i heard this but my friend had one and said they cant put you in any water above 100 degrees, its got to be below and she told me the water wasnt hot it was nice n warm but not that warm to be uncomfortable :D the rooms are quite big and there is still the bed or bath you can get in if ya uncomfy with it thats the best bit ya can get in and out of the pool whatever makes ya feel more comfy :D xx

i heard this but my friend had one and said they cant put you in any water above 100 degrees, its got to be below and she told me the water wasnt hot it was nice n warm but not that warm to be uncomfortable :D the rooms are quite big and there is still the bed or bath you can get in if ya uncomfy with it thats the best bit ya can get in and out of the pool whatever makes ya feel more comfy :D xx

That's so good to know, because I really hate hot baths and I'm thinking I'm going to be hot enough during labour especially with this weather at the moment!

yep so rest easy :D im gonna do whatever makes me comfy on the day and if i prefer it in the bath than i do in the pool il stay in the bloody bath! lol have ya seen the baths?? they are nearly as big as the pools!! lol xx

yep so rest easy :D im gonna do whatever makes me comfy on the day and if i prefer it in the bath than i do in the pool il stay in the bloody bath! lol have ya seen the baths?? they are nearly as big as the pools!! lol xx

Haha yes I saw the baths when we did a tour! The rooms were nice and big as well compared to the other rooms and I do get a bit claustrophobic so should be nice!

I'm sure I read somewhere that the water is just body temp, so it's not alarming for baby when they make an appearance..

Would be lovely if it was a cold bath in this weather though! Baby ice pop :)

I'm sure I read somewhere that the water is just body temp, so it's not alarming for baby when they make an appearance..

alls i know is that its just warm :) thats good enough for me lol but yes cold would be immense !! lol xx

water in pools is kept at 37 degrees that is body temperature internally and quite warm its the same as temp recommeded to bath baby at when you do bath. a water birth is not for me i cant stand the thought of being in there all hot n warm and then to have the mess and if i poo to have them scoop it out with the seive blergh. i hate baths when im on my period there is no way id want the baby adn all the blood in there with me when i give birth! iv heard its brilliant as a pain relief though. iv had option taken out of my hands anyway now as high risk labour ward so just as well i wasnt wanting one#1! x

aww its not nice when ya have ya options taken away tho is it :( see im the opposite and love baths on my period thats what warmed me to the idea of the pool but like i say il do whatevers comfy on the day :D i might get in the pool and hate it xx

This is correct, the water should be at 37 degrees so baby comes out to the same temp as what it's been used to.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14