waterbirth... !!

charlotte89

Reaction score
hi ladies, is anyone thinkin of having a waterbirth?? i was undecided at first n now im defo goin for it after reading about all the info and studyin it :) so hopefully if all goes well on the day i will be gettin in that pool! :D want to hear off any ladies who have experienced it as well? :D xx

also this is a brill site to look at .. http://www.waterbirth.org/

Yep. And they have just put a new one on the ward too with all the mood lighting etc. Chances are it wont be free when I want it xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

oohh didnt realise you were havin one too kel ! :D i cant wait get in it once all of it starts kickin off lol and that sounds brill :D iv been told when ya ring up when ya wanna be goin in hospital when ya think ya contractions are bad enough to make sure ya tell them ya want a water birth !! :) xx

I'm having one at home. It's a no brainer for me, looks great! fx you get in the one at hospital. x

Yeah I am planning one, as long as there is a pool free at the time!

I had one last week, so calming and relaxing x

I think there are three birthing suites at my local birthing centre - all of them have birthing pools :)

I am due to have our son at the birthing suite, providing I dont go over and need to be induced.

Hoping to have a waterbirth, if not I'll use it for pain relief xx

I'm thinking about it, but if I'm go eat I have t done the research yet, will have a look though!! X

glad to see im not the only one ready to try it :D xx have not heard one bad report about them yet and yes umbongo il be goin in the ones at the hospital fingers crossed :D xx

I'd really like a water birth! My local hospital doesn't have a birthing pool but is having one installed - I just don't know when! I was there today and meant to ask but completely forgot....only seven weeks until my due date so hopefully it's being installed soon! If not I'll be wedging myself in the bath for as long as possible! :)

I have my heart set on one... there's only one at my hospital so fingers crossed it's free

I suffer from anxiety attacks and don't like the sound of most pain relief so it's perfect for me... nice and calming etc.

I'm 100% having one as long as I don't need induced or they have some available at the time. They have 5 in my hospital so fingers crossed theres at least one free when I need it!! My auntie works there and she said its amazing how much they seem to help with the pain xx

I'd love one but unfortunately can't give birth naturally c sections for me x

I think I'd like one but there's only 1 at my hosp. If its occupied I may be brave and go to the local birthing centre instead as they also have one

Xx

As much as I think it's great that so many people want one, I can't help but be a bit selfishly worried that there are more people up for it than last time!!! ;-) we only have one pool at our hospital and I would be gutted if the reason I couldn't have my water birth was because it was in use.

I had one last time and it's the most amazing experience I've ever had. I'm constantly worrying at the thought of having to do the same on dry land. and I worry that labour will be quicker and I won't make it to the water. I won't risk staying at home as long this time. Got to hospital at 8 cm last time.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

glad you are all lookin forward to it like i am :) and omg 8cm that was really close! lol they say to ring up when you 5-8 mins contractions apart dont they but i rekon 15 mins apart is close enough for me to be ringin to go up there! lol id wanna just be settled and in there knowing am in their hands n stuff . i thought i would be dreadin labour but im actually excited about the whole thing cuz i know once it starts happenin it wont be long before i meet my baby boy :) xx

glad you are all lookin forward to it like i am :) and omg 8cm that was really close! lol they say to ring up when you 5-8 mins contractions apart dont they but i rekon 15 mins apart is close enough for me to be ringin to go up there! lol id wanna just be settled and in there knowing am in their hands n stuff . i thought i would be dreadin labour but im actually excited about the whole thing cuz i know once it starts happenin it wont be long before i meet my baby boy :) xx

Wow, we were told 3-5 mins apart before we call :-\

Xx

I really wasn't fussed to begin with (mainly because I was avoiding the idea of giving birth), but after my NCT classes I'm going to opt for one. I'm really lucky that our hospital has a birth centre attached to it and they have birthing pools for all the suites, so the chance of having a water birth is a lot higher than going into hospital. At the moment I'm 36 weeks and under midiwife led care, so good to go into the birth centre.

I've decided not to set my heart on it though. I've read far too many labour threads where the birth plan has gone out of the window. I guess what will be, will be!!

Yep we have 3 at our hospital so all being well....xx

Wow, we were told 3-5 mins apart before we call :-\

Xx

We're told to come in when we have three 60 second contractions within 10 minutes. I never even got to that point, I went in cos it started getting a bit painful. Although I was 8 cm when I got in the pool, it took me a further 6 hours in the water to get to pushing. Then pushing was an hour, so 7 hours in total in the water! So I can understand why they want you at 5cm before getting in the water. It really relaxed me and slowed things down.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27