Washing Baby Cloths

Loveleen

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Just wondering r u all washing new baby clothes in washing machine or by hand..I just thought I should ask you as I feared clothes might turn rough or loose their softness in washing machine but I might be completely wrong...Plz advice..

I dis mine in the washing machine with non bio and they stayed lovly and soft xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know you should.... but I didn't... I just love the look and feel of brand new clothes on my baby x

neither have I, I have only washed the thing that have been given to us

I wasn't going to but the thought of people trapsing round the shops with flu and colds sneezing on their hands or going toilet then touching telhe baby clothes to look through them
Made me feel a bit ickie lol so I washed them all lol can't tell they have been washed which is great :D xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what are the "rules" on washing baby clothes?

the ones we have been given / got from ebay im gona wash cos some are a little dusty or smell not like us,lol but what about the new stufs, and bedding and things, its all new and in packets etc still but i dont know if to wash it to make it smell like us, or if to just wash the newborn stufs incase we dont use the small stufs,

sheesh decision makings hard, lol

iv washed everything but 95% of it came from carboot so had to be cleaned just did it normal wash powder i use

The only things I've washed are things that were used with Lacey! So dressing gown and blankets! That's it!

so far i have only washed towels, sheets and all the smallest clothes. I have not bothered with the clothes he wont wear for a few weeks- month. But if i had a nursery, somewhere to put all the clothes.. yeah i would have done it all by now :cloud9:

I've washed everything and it was so lovely seeing it all on the washing line :) x

My NCT lady said it's completely up to the individual if you want to wash shop bought clothes. It's just personal preference - so no right or wrong.

I reckon i'll wash everything just to give me something to do when I'm on maternity leave. Plus I love the smell of freshly laundered clothes :)

Ooh Im glad this thread came up because I always thought you had to but my Mum insisted its not something you HAVE to do so I may not wash it all, just sleepsuits and vests that will be in close contact with his skin xxx

I've washed all the baby clothes-twice x it was a definate part of my nesting! Lol!

i've washed all mine as my friend forgot to wash one thing and her by came out in a rash and she thought it was meningites took baby to hospital and they said it was cemicals used by factory that made cloths that brought the rash out x

oooh I'm gonna wash the lot with non bio powder and baby pure softner liquid , when I'm off on maternity leave- can't wait

hey! ive washed all mine. just because i was a bit funny about so many people in shops do touch and stuff, and ive washed all seond hand stuff too. it is completely up to you to be honest, i really wanted to do it so i did, and have now got it all folded and put away :D it was fun doing it to be honest. washed in fairy non bio, washed all blankets too. i also scrubbed all the bottles i got with my steriliser off ebay (2nd hand but all the bottles were new) and put them in the cupboard ready to be sterilised! so lovely, cannot wait to use all of it x

Thanks girls..this helps...I think I will like to wash them once as I see a lot of people in shops checking out baby clothes..but I am not doing it by hand atleast...:)

I have washed all the clothes and little soft toys that we got at the NCT sale this week and last week. I will also wash the new stuff, but decided as it is more pink the new things that i will wait till after my 34 week scan and just double check it is a little girl first :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back