Very confused!!

Emilyandbump

Reaction score
Hi, im nearly 26 weeks pregnant, and seem to be losing weight :eh:

Basically pre preg weight was 12st. And have been regularly been weighing myself every 2-3 weeks. I have quite a big bump, baby feels very heavy, and my boobs are bigger and i "feel" fatter (as u do!)
But I'm actually below 12st now, and keep losing a couple of pound here n there. Last week id put on 2lb, so was quite happy bout that, but weighed yesterday (felt like bump had got bigger so was curious) and ive lost a futher 3 lb..

Whats going on? I eat around the same amount, just bit worried baby wont be getting enough.

Only thing i can think of is that ive cut out cheese, eggs and limit my milk intake cos ive developed a dairy allegy with this pregnancy...could that be the reason??

xx

could be hunny, your metabolism is faster in pregnancy so you can eat more and get away with it x

If you worried contact yoru midwife hun and she could get a scan of bubs to make sure he/she is gaining weight ok x

If you are only eating the same or slightly less than before then you will lose a bit of weight as you need to eat slightly more than normal at your stage in order to maintain normal weight. As long as the baby is getting what it needs and growing properly I wouldn't be too worried but if you are ask your midwife about your concerns and see what they say.

Thanks. Thing is i cant eat more, im starting to eat less last couple of days cos baby is so high up and squashing my stomach! i see the midwife in a couple of weeks so i will mention it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back