is anyone healthy eatting?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
hi.. i need to watch my weight, ive been eatting whatever ive wanted and i have put on 2 stone.. i didnt watch what i ate with charlotte.. but weighed a bit more after i had her.. im 7lb heavier now than 3 weeks after i had charlotte.. so im guessing this goes in my favor.. as i was prob about teh same weight when i was pg with her..

mw's told me to have a home birth ur BMI needs to be under 35 for ur 1st birth and under 38 for ur 2nd,3rd etc... well im 39..ive put on 2 stone since getting preg.. so now i really need to watch what im eatting.. ive been walking recently.. which is more than ive been doing since b4 i was preg.. when i was a gym freak..(leading up to the wedding)

i guess i need to lose this weight, and then let the baby grow and have placenta etc...im planning on actually losing weight without strict dieting.. the mw said its not advised to lose weight.. but..if u cut out the rubbish in ur diet then u will be supprised what comes off.. is there ne1 else out tehre whos really being strict??

Nope I'm eating more crap now than I ever did!!! Infact everything I see I want to eat :oops:

I'm not doing too bad...had a couple of weeks where I ate many sweets and gave my kidneys a bit of a fright but this past week I've been totally addicted to apples but only pink lady ones

ive been eating crap

my bmi is 32 but im really short aswell so that just makes me totally unhealthy lol

Hi,

I wanted to lose weight before I got pg, but it didn't quite work out that way! My BMI was 43 when I first went to doc at 6 weeks and I had a long chat with her about weight etc. She said f I ate healthily I should be able to maintain the same weight throughout the pregnancy.

Now I've lost 12lbs and my BMI is 41. I wasn't trying to lose weight. I haven't really changed my eating habbits that much. I have always eaten quite a balanced diet (too much of it, I guess!). The only significant changes I can think of are...

1 - I go to bed a lot earlier than normal so don't pick in the evenings.
2 - I eat evening meal at 5ish. (don't they say not to eat later than 6pm when trying to lose weight?)
3 - My metabolism is higher due to being pg.

Good luck!

I hear ya Lisa! But after three months of gagging over smells and food I am now gonna have my treats..fat ass or not :rotfl:

So who wants a bite? :cheer:

strawberry_cream_cake.jpg

It depends...today I've had a really rubbish day! Had a nectarine and a Galaxy muffin for breakfast, iced bun for lunch and a yogurt and a nectarine and then a galaxy bar!!! Yesterday I had a much healthier day...honest!

My drs/midwife haven't said anything but I know I've gotta shift my fat ass too! I have days when I eat nothing but rubbish and days where I just want fruit and veg. Every day i tell myself I will go back to slimming world after the baby is born, but we'll see!

I'd love to lose some weight whilst pregnant but thought it was a bad idea for the baby. You're right though of course, i can't see any harm in going for a walk everyday, I think I'm gonna try. If the weathers nice and I don't hurt and i have time and I can go alone.....you see my problem? Such a defeatist :x

I'm eating pretty healthily but not by choice lol, Ive gone off all fatty foods and most things that are bad for you so i've lost around a stone and its now steadily going up which is good. Im back to my pre preg weight at moment.

My BMI was 27 and is still about the same which im really pleased about, lisa if you cut out the rubbish and try to eat lots of fruit etc you would be suprised. Ive always struggled to loose weight but not since ive been pregnant!

i seem to believe in the "eating for two"!! and thats al ive been doing! :x

i think it will get easier when i go back to college in 2 weeks cos then i won't be in the house all day staring at the fridge and wondering "what's next" :think: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I found out I was pregnant I gave up smoking and I put on a stone, since then I have put on another half - Im going to start watching it too, and walk more - good luck with it :hug:

I shocked myself when I weighed myself yesterday as I have put on half a stone since getting pregnant. That certainly can't all be baby and, as I was half a stone overweight before getting pregnant, I'm a little concerned. I had been allowing myself to buy rubbish on the way home from work, but I've cut that out now. And I've started walking from the station to work (and back in the evenings) instead of catching the bus. I'm hoping I can keep this up because I do not want to be a complete podge - just put on enough weight for both me and bubs to be healthy.

AllieW said:
I shocked myself when I weighed myself yesterday as I have put on half a stone since getting pregnant. That certainly can't all be baby and, as I was half a stone overweight before getting pregnant, I'm a little concerned. I had been allowing myself to buy rubbish on the way home from work, but I've cut that out now. And I've started walking from the station to work (and back in the evenings) instead of catching the bus. I'm hoping I can keep this up because I do not want to be a complete podge - just put on enough weight for both me and bubs to be healthy.

7lb is very normal to have put on...5-10 lbs by now...dont go ott.. being 7lb over weights nothing hun.. dont worry.. u actuallt need a bit of fat to fuel labour and if u plan to breast feed..x

I wasn't planning to over do it, just cut out buying chips on the way home and up my exercise a bit.. But it is reassuring to hear that 7lbs is an ok weight to have put on - I was thinking that 3 or 4lbs was nearer the mark. And I do plan to breastfeed, so I certainly don't want to emaciate myself! Cheers.

My biggest treat has been chocolate but I can't eat that anymore so I'm eating really healthily. I eat lots and lots of stir fries and salads and stuff.

im eating crap crap crap crap crap - bmi = 17.
The more crap the better please, hmmm :think: i have a 2 day old kebab in my fridge, maybe i should stop saving it and just throw it away now :think:

I'm doing ok weight-wise so far ... When i got pregnant I was about a stone overweight (not helped by my PCO), and I have put on 13lbs since getting pregnant. I'm feeling pretty good about only putting on 13lbs in 26 weeks, although am aware that the major weight gain is supposed to be in the third tri. I am trying to eat healthily - I definitely don't believe in eating for 2, as you're only supposed to need 200 - 300 extra calories a day during pregnancy. I guess I just think that what I don't gain now I won't have to try to lose afterwards :D I'm not very good at getting my 5 portions of fruit / veg a day - usually manage 2-3. I'm eating what I want, within reason - ie if I feel like a choc bar, then I'll have one, but not more than one and not every day! BMI currently about 27
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back