Type of Sanitary wear for after the birth

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Any suggestions?? I've ordered a few packs of cheap maternity pads from Sainsbury's (just in my weekly shop to keep in my "baby cupboard")

Does anyone recommend a certain brand / type though? or can you use the cheap ones?

Thanks

xxxxxxxxx

I've been using Tesco and boots own, and they've both been fine, bloody massive though!! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I've picked up a few packs of tesco maternity pads, so i hope they will be ok.

My mw said they need to be big and thick. I think her exact phrase was "if it doesn't rustle when you walk then it's not big enough!" Lol!

XX

"if it doesn't rustle when you walk then it's not big enough!" Lol!

XX

Thats really made me laugh out loud!!!!!!!
I havent brought any yet but I'll be buying whatevers on offer at the time!! Apparently super jumbo night time sanitary towels are just as good so you usually fin them in some supermarket on offer!

I got mine from mothercare and its usually quite expensive there but I got 48 pads for a fiver and they are thick but my friends have all said for the first couple of days they were doubling up anyway. I think I may get another pack just to be on the safe side xx

yep...you will wear 2 to start with......kind of doubled over at the middle, if that makes sense? its nice padding actually....especially if you have piles and an episiotomy like i did....xx

My mw said they need to be big and thick. I think her exact phrase was "if it doesn't rustle when you walk then it's not big enough!" Lol!

XX

That is so funny. I need a MW with a sense of humour!!!

I'm going to get cheapies then. Big fat thick surfboard ones.

Do anyone remember Dr Whites? They are old school sanitary towels, back in the day where you had to wear a belt with them? Anyway they stocked them in the toilets in my school and had to use one when I very first started my period. It was soooo obvious and yep they rustled :oooo:

xxx

Boots own maternity pads have been fab for me. I lost 2 litres of blood & the boots pads I had the midwives said were better than theirs! Deffo recommend them...although it does feel like you have a foot in your pants. 3 for 2 at the mo too! Xx

Boots own maternity pads have been fab for me. I lost 2 litres of blood & the boots pads I had the midwives said were better than theirs! Deffo recommend them...although it does feel like you have a foot in your pants. 3 for 2 at the mo too! Xx

I've got a double points voucher so I am off to stock up!

Many thanks...

xxxxxxxx

I used the tesco own both times - they are like having a pillow between your legs but do the job well, after the first week I used bodyform or always ultra-thin night time ones as they were the biggest coverage, lol.

I also got some of those disposable bed mats for night times to prevent any leakage on the bed :)

i used asda thick ones for 2 days then went onto the tesco thin n long ones as didnt bleed too much xx

I just used tesco or boots own brand and as I had stitches the thicker the better!

So the maxi sanitary towels and night time pads won't do?! Damn! X

I used Asda and Boots own.

I do agree that you need the cushioning that they provide. I must start stocking up!

I got some from Wilkos of all places! Going to stock pile from tescos though....child birth is so glam!!!!x

Whilst we're talking of glam I may as well ask about breast pads as well?? :shock:

I've ordered some of the Lansinoh one's from Sainsburys.... You get like 60 for a fiver..

xxxxxxxxxx

Whilst we're talking of glam I may as well ask about breast pads as well?? :shock:

I've ordered some of the Lansinoh one's from Sainsburys.... You get like 60 for a fiver..

xxxxxxxxxx

So far I have Asda's own - not had to use them yet though. Last time I used Tommee Tippee as I got a load on special. x

I brought 3 packs of boots maternity and I think I used about one and half. I soon just used the night time always or bodyform ones. It was seriously like wearing a nappy. Hideous!

I am using tesco own mum maternity pads and there great... 99p for 10.
And Johnstone breast pads... They were on special offer for £2 a box in asda.
After delivering my baby the midwife gave me a pack of pads.
Also on the ward they put a large pad down on the bed, and I had a few large gushes of blood. I took a couple home too, and put them on bed. But it might be handy to have a pack just incase in the house.xxx

i reccommend the asda breast pads too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back