What to wear if you are allergic to pads?

flaxen

Reaction score
:oooo:Ok, I find this really embarrassing but what do you wear if you are allergic to sanitary/ maternity pads?

I periodically suffer from exema and unfortunately it has flared up big time, ive got it on both elbows, knees, shins and my foot, but Im also allergic to the stuff that they make sanitary towels out of and cant wear them at all, ever.

My problem is what do I use instead if what people say is right and you bleed for weeks afterwards?

I was wondering if the tena lady pants or the kids pyjama pants things would work the same way as sanitary towels or if they are the same material?

I really havent got a clue what Im going to use for afterwards and going to bed in incase my waters go while im in bed, cant you a mattress protector as we have a kingsize bed and because Im really bony and I cant lie on a hard bed I have 3 high tog duvets under the sheet for padding. ( Think princess and the pea) Oh finds it hilarius as my side of the bed is a foot higher than his side!

I thought I was the only one with this problem! I've found it's the perfume they put in towels or the material in the always towels is the worst. I use tampax normally so was also worried about this as you can't use tampax for post partum bleeding. Anyway, I've found that the proper maternity towels are different, no perfum and fairly soft, 4 weeks on and still using them I've been ok. I did try body form towels but they irritated me so went back to tescos own maternity towels. Tesco also do bed mats as well for your waters, could always put them under a sheet.

I tried plain ones with no scent etc but it made no difference, the other problem is, is that because Im a small person they dont stay put unless they have wings on them as they are wider than I am so they move and dont work and rub, if I try ones with wings they rub me raw, so I am stuck either way.

Being pregnant is just one nightmare after another and makes life hell.

Sounds really difficult for you, what would you normally use tampons? What about the inserts for reusable nappies? Expensive option but they are absorbent and super soft, bit gross but maybe soak and wash them the same way you would the nappies? Think you can buy just the inserts as you add more inserts as the baby gets older and for night time use.

im still away off from this - but i was a bit worried about it as well - towels make me itch like crazy.

I think that incontience products are made from a slightly different material - the ones we have at work dont remind me of sanitary protection, and they are meant to draw moisture away from the skin, so that might help.

I was thinking that tena pants might be worth a try.

xx

I'm allergic to pads too, they bring me out in awful blisters especially the plastic backed ones. GP has said if I need them he will do me a script for surgical dressing pads which are the lowest allergen you can get. Maybe worth a try xxxxxxxxx

Sarah13, I very rarely have a period, maybe once a year and usually a trickle so usually have tampax on standby.

I was wondering if tena lady pants or the kids night time pyjama pants/ nappies would work, as im only a midget I would be able to wear the kids ones easily as they go up to almost 60kg in weight and I dont weigh anywhere near that, particularly afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back