What size of pants for after the birth?

kalia

Reaction score
What size of pants should I get for after the birth? I'm just going to buy cheap ones but I don't know whether to get my current size or up a size. Is it more comfortable to have more space because of the maternity pads? Or is it better to wear your normal size so the pads don't move about?

And any recommendation on pant shape? Would shorts style pants be more comfortable than normal shaped pants? I usually wear either thongs or shorts but I don't know if shorts would hold the maternity pad in place as well as normal shaped pants.

I'm so confused :oops:

I got a size bigger as the maternity pads are massive! I just got normal plain black big knickers. Hope this helps hun xxxxxxxx

The shorts should be fine... yeah maternity pads take up quite a bit of space, and you won't go back to the size you were before you were pregnant, so go for a size up I would. Best to be comfy than have them cutting into you.

i wore knickers for 9-to-10-year-olds after i gave birth! i did have a big fat belly but my ass was still really small, and tesco were selling packs of 3 for 50p and i'd bought loads- i just threw them away after one wear coz they got all bloody (sorry tmi!)

I'd get the big type knickers, maternity pads take up so much room. Go for cheap undies too, as you may leak and runi them.

Thanks for all your help!
I'm going to buy comfy big pants now :) And then just throw them out. I can't be done with extra hassle after giving birth. I'm going to buy a cheap fleece blanket so I can make really cheap nappy liners so the meconium stained ones can go straight in the bin too.

I bought size 12 MASSIVE knickers, Bridget jones eat your heart out!!

I had a section, and knew I was going to have a section, so I went for the ones that came up to my armpits so that they wouldn't rest on my wound.

Sooooooo sexy.......and for added sexiness I used to fold them over the top of my jeans so that my wound was protected.

Oh, and I had to pull my jeans up in the drive of my MIL's and flashed the BIG MASSSIVE pink flowery numbers at the whole of her street!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I just bought some today from Primark £2 for a pack of 6 full sized briefs and I got a size bigger.

Going to throw them once I have used them.

LaineyG said:
I bought size 12 MASSIVE knickers, Bridget jones eat your heart out!!

I had a section, and knew I was going to have a section, so I went for the ones that came up to my armpits so that they wouldn't rest on my wound.

Sooooooo sexy.......and for added sexiness I used to fold them over the top of my jeans so that my wound was protected.

Oh, and I had to pull my jeans up in the drive of my MIL's and flashed the BIG MASSSIVE pink flowery numbers at the whole of her street!!

yay for big pants :cheer:

i had a csection with my first and them disposable pants are horrible - much better off with a load of cheap granny pants from ya local market.. as others have said u can just chuck em away every day if u need to! but definatley go for big pants.. u won't appreciate comfort like it ever again from an undergarment so unbelievably ugly looking! :rotfl:

Granny pants all the way in a size up, never before have i loved those sexy mamas so much. :shock:

Also Ikea do huge fleece blankets for about £2.

I got the cheap ones from primark as well but just got them in my normal size and i was ok :)

I bought granny pants from Matalan & M&S :lol: I threw away the white ones as they were so cheap they were practically disposible but the black ones are just a bit too comfy :rotfl:

yeah go for the big granny pants i did the mistake and had normal ones and i ended up with a c section and theycut in me so i sent my oh out to get mesome granny pants :D

I got seamless shorts from tesco, very bridget jones but probably even worse but hey they were comfy as hell (and I still wear them! :rotfl: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back