Funding for IVF / ICSI if already have a child

katie7124

Reaction score
Hi I'm quite new to all this, but me and my partner have been trying to concieve for almost 2 years now.

As i have very irregular ovulation, about 2 a year, my doctor siad she would refer me for clomid if my partner got sperm tested and everything was fine.
However his result came back low and first set of results suggested ICSI and second suggested IVF.
I am waiting on appointment with my doctors to see what happens next but am worried that because I already have a son to previous relationship we wont be eligable for funding!

sorry this is a bit long, but if anyone has any advice or similar stories?

Thanks Katie

You need to get in touch with your primary care trust or your doctors. They'll be able to tell you if you are eligible for funding for IVF. When you already have a child from a previous relationship IVF is very much a postcode lottery.

I am in a similar situation!I have 2 kids by my ex.OH and I have been trying for 18 months.I recently found out I have blocked right fallopian tube and 1st sperm test very low.OH going for 2nd one on Tuesday.Doc said ISCI would be our best bet if second results low.
He said we are not eligble for NHS funding because I have 2 kids.Any idea how much it costs?Luckily we are in a position to pay for it ourselves.

Good luck hun!xxx

Have been told today by doctor we're not eligable for funding, I was expecting it but I still broke down and tears. Doctor was really helpful and told me she would see if I could get clomid to at least get me ovulation so we can still try.
Initial consultation is £350 then £5000 for treatment in my area, may be slightly different depending on your area!
Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back