Tried - failed. Tried again - achieved!

thats high for insurance but arent cassi and her oh under 21?

:wave: Cassi - a fellow like-minded being. Stand by to be shot down in flames for saying how it is :lol: Must be a Reading thing. I was paying £800 a month for rent last year for a 2 bedroom bungalow. We managed to haggle them down from £850. Now my house is ready to live in, so I have the pleasure of paying a £3200 mortgage - every month :shock: House is pretty and in a stunning location but is still only 2 bedrooms.

The flat i was looking at before has been sold now. It was in the town centre, for between £15k and £20k depending on which one you bought (they were new block of flats). They were 1-2 bedroom flats, but all been sold due to newness and stuff.
Haven't looked at flats in a while, but yeah the prices do seem to have gone up. My boyfriend has put our names down on the council list so if we did that, we would be paying rent instead, which may be slightly cheeper.
I wouldn't be moving out of my mums place untill the baby was a few months old any how, so i still have time to think about that aspect.

Where abouts in england are u hun because a flat in sheffield town centre is £100.000+

I know its not the same.. but the prices here are about a third of the price of the properties in the UK, mainly because the average wage here is around 500€ a month... a brand new 1/2 bedroom flat here costs approximately 50.000€ (38,000 quid aprox)... If you go for resale you might be able to get a one bed for 40.000€ but it will be crappy.. :think: Even in the cheaper more Spanish areas you'd be hard pushed to find a 1/2 bed property for anything less than 20K... so in the UK I'd assume it was nigh on impossible. :think:

And 3200quid a month for mortgage
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I though our 1000€ a month mortgage was bad :shock: Holy cwap...

My rent on my council flat in a really bad area of London was 62quid a week, without housing benefit... and that was about 6 years ago.. so no doubt its gone up.. we weren't eligible for housing benefit because I lived with my partner at the time and he was working. As for council tax benefit, again because I lived with my partner who was working, even though I was a student, I only got a discount in my council tax rather than not having to pay it at all if I'd been a student living on my own..

There's lots of things to think about... but in all honesty.. if you live with your partner you will end up paying more than if you were a single mum living on your own. :?

You must all be driving some wonder cars to py insurance of that much!!!!!
I'm 19 and my insurance was 650 this year, and i've got a claim and only been driving 6 months (but my cars also about as fast as a lawnmower)

mummykay said:
rachelandjarvis said:
sarahpurple said:
15k won't get you far these days :rotfl:

well thats more then my OH gets. We get by just fine thanks. :|

I think she meant for a house, and u wouldnt get a shed for that nowadays!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

loopykid where are u living where u can get a decent and safe place to live for £15k?????????????????? :think: :think: :think:

a 1 bed round here is £199,999 and thats in a shitehole pmsl :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mummykay thank you for reading my post!

Not going to wade in on the debate as everyone else has pretty much said all there is to say.

Congratulations on your PG :)

Loopykid, can I ask why you wanted to have a baby now? At this point in your life. What was it that brought you to this decision in the bigger picture of life.

I ask as I am curious, I am trying to understand, when you and your BF are both young and have plenty of time to find your feet in the world, get a home together, finish your training and education and all of that, why you would want to have a baby now instead of waiting a couple years when chances are you would both be in a much better position for your baby than you are at this point in time.

I've seen both sides of the coin. I have friends who had babies at 16, 17 and 18. Others, as I have gotten older, at 30 plus. I had a friend who had a termination at 14 alas. That, over 25 years later she is still with the same man and went on to have three children with him is no small feat in this day and age. But their life has not been easy and they struggled often and had many things not going their way. She and others who had their children young have often said that they love their kids more than anything, but if they could do it over again they would have waited at least a few more years.

That you have chosen to do it this way, I wish you both well. I really do.

Live in Reading thats why rent is so much, I'm 20, OH is 30 though, he wishes he was still under 21 :p

Still a flat for 15k I would LOVE to see that! I could sell my shed for more than that :rotfl:

zebrastripes said:
She could get a log cabin for 14k. We have a huge garden,and once I'm finished uni, it's an option to get one and stick it at the end-they are actually really roomy and sturdy.

I'm guessing you will put it on your parents land?
I always wanted to live in a log cabin/mobile home when I was younger....................but land with planning permission costs you 100k + and then you have to pay for the building on top, its def not cheap :(
You can get some really cool flat pack log cabins that are huge!! But again you have to have planning permission and actually own the land to keep it on.

cassi said:
Live in Reading thats why rent is so much, I'm 20, OH is 30 though, he wishes he was still under 21 :p

Still a flat for 15k I would LOVE to see that! I could sell my shed for more than that :rotfl:

He is as old as the woman he feels :rotfl:
please take that as a joke and dont pm me :doh:

Misslarue said:
zebrastripes said:
She could get a log cabin for 14k. We have a huge garden,and once I'm finished uni, it's an option to get one and stick it at the end-they are actually really roomy and sturdy.

I'm guessing you will put it on your parents land?
I always wanted to live in a log cabin/mobile home when I was younger....................but land with planning permission costs you 100k + and then you have to pay for the building on top, its def not cheap :(
You can get some really cool flat pack log cabins that are huge!! But again you have to have planning permission and actually own the land to keep it on.

Yeah,it's my parents land,and we own it so if we cleared the PP (which is easy out here) it would be an option

I live in the midlands in England.
Me and my boyfriend wanted a baby, because it was one of the things we wanted in our relationship. We had come to the stage where we were thinking about kids, and so we decided to have one.
It might not have been one of the best decisions we've ever made, but it was what we both wanted.

How long have you been together? My boyfriend and I have been together almost 3 years, we never even thought of kids but needless to say a certain small person put paid to that :lol: :lol:

I still think it was an ill thought out descision,but we all do silly things..some more life changing than others..and I'm sure you'll be a great mum..I mean at least you actually want your baby..so hopefully you shouldn't end up as the sort of teenage mother who's completely irresponsible.

Anyway,keep coming to the forum, it'll really help with your pregnancy and baby questions...good luck!

congrats on the pregnancy :D

im 18 and had amber 23days ago, my pregnancy wasnt planned.
it is really difficult, and personally 170 month aint going get you very far.

but think your in for a real surprize when baby arrives.

loopykid said:
Me and my boyfriend wanted a baby, because it was one of the things we wanted in our relationship. We had come to the stage where we were thinking about kids, and so we decided to have one. It might not have been one of the best decisions we've ever made, but it was what we both wanted.

Thank you for your reply :)

My thoughts on this are that surely we all want lots of things from our relationships, but we learn to try to prioritise. See that there is some sense in how we go about getting the things we want and that sometimes, even though it might be something we really want, if time is on our side, it might be better to wait a little longer.

I know people say, and I am one of them, that there is never a good time financially to have a child. And that if you keep waiting till its perfect, it'll never happen, but to me it always made sense to at least wait till I was finished with my education. I saw too many young mums even back then and I knew I never wanted that to be me. I am now 37 expecting my first :) So yes, I did wait a long time till I was ready :lol: I knew that things like employment, housing and being able to furnish a home and so on were also important. To be able to have a place to bring a child into this world. A number of my friends got pregnant before turning 18 and they have all struggled, even those in relationships. And years down the road, only one of those couples are still together and the husband has had affairs and fathered a child with another woman. So its hardly been a picnic for my friend with all this.

You sound in many ways like you are quite sensible and mature, but in other ways you still seem very young and naive about the reality of it all and the ramifications not only on your life, but of your families also. I hope your OH is able to provide for you and the baby as you say and hope he will. It will be a lot of pressure on him to now be the breadwinner so to speak. I wish you both all the best with it and hope this baby brings you all the joy you hope for and not too much heartache and struggling, as its hard enough starting out in adult life as it is these days, let alone having a LO to bring up aswell.

:hug:

I always knew i wanted to be a young mum, i actually had it all planned out that as soon as i finished uni i would start trying to have babies, however when i planned this out i'd been with my partner for 3/4 years and he was picking out engagemend rings, as it happens i've got pregnant at 19 half way though uni with a new partner, its not ideal but i wouldn't change it for the world.
I think thats the main thing you have to look at, you cant change whats happened and whether deciding to have a baby now was a silly idea or not is irrelevant, all that matters now is that the baby will be loved and both parents wanted them
I always try and live life with no regrets, theres no point trying to change whats already happened
Clare x

loopykid said:
I live in the midlands in England.
Me and my boyfriend wanted a baby, because it was one of the things we wanted in our relationship. We had come to the stage where we were thinking about kids, and so we decided to have one.
It might not have been one of the best decisions we've ever made, but it was what we both wanted.

I'm from the mids and not even in the worst areas can you get places that cheap!!! stop insulting our intelligence..seriously...

And I would love another child, but we don't have the extra room in our house nor the money right now and thats with me working and Alan on a fair wedge!! so it would be selfish to bring a child we couldn't afford in to the world (planned)..there is a lot of things people want, whether you can afford/care for that is another story! This is all done for you 2 and it seems like you have not once thought about the child! or you're poor family that are obviously going to be paying for this child they had no idea you were even planning! I think you are a selfish immature little girl and need to grow up and think about other people!

Shoot me down in flames this thread has really pissed me off!

Hey girls, calm down! :| Congrats babe good luck with the pregnancy. dont worry what hurtfull things people have to say about your age, it comes from inside its called mothers instinct and almost all mothers have it. it comes naturally, although you have a very huge responsibility ahead, you planned this little bundly of joy so by knowing that you obviously want this precious life to feed and love and give unending love to her/him. stop judging girls, i fell pregnant at 15. i was in a long-term relationship and Elle came as a huge shock as i was using birth controll pill but Elle was the best thing that ever happened to me. i had alot saved as a child and worked my ass off with 3 jobs before and while i was pregnant and was lucky and came into a little money to support me and my cherrub, although it was a very sad time i lost my grandad, im sure he was happy the money helped us live pay bills and give Elle the life she diserved. it wasnt much at all, i wouldnt care if it was none, i still had to say byebye to my closest friend. even £50 goes far if u spend your money wisely, you have to when your a mother. My life just went uphill from the birth of my daughter. i moved out and rented for a short while. my parents are very close and love Elle so much its unreal. Her dad never wanted to see her again he was very abusive and i went through alot- we wont go into that, but i protected her moved away and now we live in a beutiful OWNED house, have 2 rentals, and im getting married in 2 months. Elle is the happiest child i have ever known and im so proud i cant wait to give her a sibling early next year. so girls, it can be done nomatter who you are or your age. its the love that you have for your child is what makes u climb mountains for them. i had a tough time but shes worth every second or the pain tiredness and hard work. now im just a stay at home mum and life is prefect. i wouldnt change a thing in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back