Tried - failed. Tried again - achieved!

I'm 22 and used to be out every night as I organised fundraising gigs for charity. Life really does change when you're pregnant, and again when you have the baby. Zebrastripes is a fab fab example of a young mum who does well (others too, don't get me wrong!) so take her advice as she's spot on in what she says. How many 16 year old breastfeeders do you know? :clap:

Hope it all works out for you, stay on here too and work through the trimester boards - the advice and support on here is invaluable, I don't know where I'd be without it.

Best of luck darlin, it's damn hard work but so so worth it x

rachelandjarvis said:
sarahpurple said:
15k won't get you far these days :rotfl:

well thats more then my OH gets. We get by just fine thanks. :|

I dont get 15k and would manage ok. As long as you adjust your expectations of what you can and cant afford. :)

Actually you can get a flat/house round here for £45k. A flat in the town centre (1 bedroom) would be £15k. A four bedroom house just out of town around £84k. In town there less, further away more etc.. etc...
I wouldn't be moving out straight away either, that would be one of the last things we do, as my parents want me to be at home when the baby is first born.

Wow awesome house prices, here you wouldnt get a 1 bed flat for cheaper than £85,000, and they are the grotty ones (a nice one will set you back £100,000

I wish you alot of luck for the future

Have you spoken to your parents, are they ok about everything? x

rachelandjarvis said:
sarahpurple said:
15k won't get you far these days :rotfl:

well thats more then my OH gets. We get by just fine thanks. :|

I think she meant for a house, and u wouldnt get a shed for that nowadays!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

loopykid where are u living where u can get a decent and safe place to live for £15k?????????????????? :think: :think: :think:

a 1 bed round here is £199,999 and thats in a shitehole pmsl :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Actually you can get a flat/house round here for £45k. A flat in the town centre (1 bedroom) would be £15k. A four bedroom house just out of town around £84k. In town there less,

A quick scan through the properties for sale under £20k on www.rightmove.com in Humberside and Yorkshire, which is statistically the area of the UK with the lowest house prices, comes up with very little for than price. The properties are mostly offices, workshops and garages. I saw one mobile home for less than £20k, and a few properties which were Asset Trust flats where you could buy a 25% share for about £18k. My father is a fellow of the Royal Institiute of Chartered Surveyors and doesn't know of anywhere in Britain that you can buy a flat for £15k.

I think you are deluded about how much things cost once you are a grown up. Here are a few costs to think about; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3223896.stm

Bloody hell.. get off your high horse .. so what if she's lying about the prices of homes in her area.. she's prob on the defensive!

Regardless of whether you agree with Loopykids decision to have a baby or not I suggest when it comes to looking up houseprices in her area on rightmove your getting a bit too involved in trying to make her look like a fool.. wind you neck in :wink:

I think the point has been made that everyone thinks it was a bad idea to plan a pregnancy without a proper means of support.. I'm sure she has got the message now. Fact is she IS pregnant now, so unless you have well wishes why not leave it??

I think that list will be very beneficial to loopykid, then its down on paper where every single penny goes each month :think:

and house prices are meant to be goin up too :wink:

She could get a log cabin for 14k. We have a huge garden,and once I'm finished uni, it's an option to get one and stick it at the end-they are actually really roomy and sturdy.

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Bloody hell.. get off your high horse .. so what if she's lying about the prices of homes in her area.. she's prob on the defensive!

Regardless of whether you agree with Loopykids decision to have a baby or not I suggest when it comes to looking up houseprices in her area on rightmove your getting a bit too involved in trying to make her look like a fool.. wind you neck in :wink:

I think the point has been made that everyone thinks it was a bad idea to plan a pregnancy without a proper means of support.. I'm sure she has got the message now. Fact is she IS pregnant now, so unless you have well wishes why not leave it??

:clap: :clap: :clap:

mummykay said:
and house prices are meant to be going up too :wink:

Are they really?
It's been all over the news that they'll be a third of the price they are now in 3yrs time :think: I hope they don't go up cause me & OH want to get on the property ladder within the next few yrs :pray:

Princess_Puddles said:
mummykay said:
and house prices are meant to be going up too :wink:

Are they really?
It's been all over the news that they'll be a third of the price they are now in 3yrs time :think: I hope they don't go up cause me & OH want to get on the property ladder within the next few yrs :pray:

yeah so do we hun, I dont know what the prices are in your area but the in laws place has been valued at £650k from £450k last year!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

zebrastripes said:
She could get a log cabin for 14k. We have a huge garden,and once I'm finished uni, it's an option to get one and stick it at the end-they are actually really roomy and sturdy.

Are you kidding :think:

No.I'm quite serious.A proper one has electric,insulation,bedrooms,bathroom,kitchen,the lot

zebrastripes said:
No.I'm quite serious.A proper one has electric,insulation,bedrooms,bathroom,kitchen,the lot

That sounds quite funky.

A flat for 15k wow where do you live? I think you put the wrong location in when you typed 'England' .... And you're boyfriend is 17/just turned 18 and has an engineering qualification bloody hell thats good, I guess my OH was a muppet to spend years and years getting to get his engineers status, apprentice, HNC's etc and you're fella got it a year after leaving school :-| shit the bed! thats amazing :roll:

My monthly outgoings
rent - 775
water - 30
phone - 80
food - 150 odd
car insurance - 100
leccy and gas - 60
tinterweb - 20
tv licence - 22
nappies - 30
petrol - 150 odd

Then there is wipes, taking Jakob out god I could go on and on.....and you're incomings are £170 a month so far? hmm :clap:

Also love the way you are both still living with your parents, will be depending on them and did it all behind their backs! I dont care wether people think this isnt a thread for opinions, you came on here asking for opinions about trying for a baby and EVERYONE said dont do it....did you listen? no.....not even to people that understand best! I thought I was too young to be pregnant at 18...oh and good luck studying with a baby, its not quite GCSE level its a shit load more than that....I do one night a week and hope to do uni this year and its going to hard as hell ! In my opinion you are a silly little selfish girl and need to face reality....have you even thought about this baby or just yourselves? I'm guessing the latter because you have done NOTHING to ensure this baby gets a decent way of life BEFORE trying for a baby, no wonder your mum wasnt happy if had a 16 y/o daughter that did that I would be gutted.

wasnt the rent price that got me lol it was the car insurance!!!!
OMG! 100!?
me and OH between us must pay about 400 for both our cars a month hehe....but my insurance is £1300 lol

We only pay £51 a month for 2 cars insurance and thats both fully comp

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back