Really strange pregnancy tests results.

IloveYouNatalie

Reaction score
Ok this is the "problem" or well, let's call it - weird - thing.

After some time trying to conceive she took a test, my sweet was still not pregnant, or that's what the first test said. Then after a few weeks, she tried another one again, and said she was pregnant (positive), and the next day, to double-check, she took another one, and this one came up negative.

These last two tests were both of the same brand.

What's happening?

Thanks in advance.

may i ask what tests you have used? mabe her hormones arn't strong enough yet to show, do you know the strenth of her test? if it was a sensitive one it might show up more

well the last two she's used were two "Boots pregnancy test (urine test)", hope it helps.

thank you.

i went onto peeonastick.com and here is what it came up with:
10. I took several tests and got both negatives and positives. What gives? See FAQ 9 above; there are many variables-- concentration of urine, sensitivity of the test. Since true false positives are pretty rare, if you get at least one positive HPT, you are probably pregnant. Wait a couple of days and test again or try another brand if you are suspect.

or you could go on hollybobbys post and ask zoltar if she is pregnant :lol: :)

when did she take the two tests in relation to each other? if she tested first in the morning her hormone level would have been strong and detected a positive, if she then tested again later in the day..or after having drank a lot of fluids the levels could have been watered down and not strong enough to detect even on the same brand test..good luck! your partner should probably try a digital test first thing in the morning!

One of them was in the morning (around 11-12) and the other one was 1 or 2 hours afterwards (the next day tho) so I doubt that's the reason myself, but of course, I can be wrong!

It could well be the reason- they say to always test with first morning urine because it has the most HCG hormone in it. throughout the day your levels get watered down through drinking etc...later on in a pregnancy i think the tests can detect it at anytime but early on the HCG levels can go undetected later on or if you drink a lot etc..esp if the test you were using weren't the more sensitive early tests.
As it was already said you can't get a fake positive only a fake negative so i would suggest to test another day with first morning urine when the levels are highest and see what happens.

Id send her to the GP for a test, just to be on the safe side!!!

I do agree with Fran though, it could be all to do with strength of hormones.

Good luck!!!

:wave: sorry to intrude on ttc section, but i just wanted to tell you about my lovely time with testing for my BFP :roll: .
firstly at 7 days past ovulation, a week before my period was due if your not familliar, i was feeling sick so i tested early and got a very faint BFP but tried to not get too exited but was using a really sensative pg test from the internet.
i waited a week and tested again with a asda brand and it said neg. i tested both neg and pos and spent a fortune on tests untill i was about three days late (on period) and still had no idea if i was or wasnt. I went for a blood test which said neg and so i just accepted i wasnt as there meant to be 100%. i waited another week and was still not on so i tested with another asda test (urine) that said a strong posative. at this time i was two weeks late! i had another blood test done and it said i was deffinately pregnant. so im still not sure what happened with all the fafing around and false negatives, but sometimes that just happens. it would be me though :lol: !

I hope you have found your answer and good luck hun! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back