Milestones and shopping

Hope81

Reaction score
We are getting some blue or pink clothes after the 16 week sex scan also ordering some wall stickers for the nursery (nursery is ready only needs decoration and furniture)

Ordering nurserys furniture somewhere around this time probably (probably only a closet and drawers thought so we have where to put things that we buy for the baby)

After 18-19 weeks scan andi everything is ok start looking on prams and car seats

After 30 weeks getting a cot, Moses basket, crib ( we did t decide exactly what yet) and the rest of the nursery furniture.

in between ofc all the other little things.

It's seems so much that I panicked all ready. I am pretty sure that I will forget important things to buy...

How about you girls? Do you have a plan set in your mind for the big things at least?

I'd like the nursery done by the time I'm 30 weeks, at least. I already have an idea and colour scheme and everything in mind, and it's already been cleared out, so it's just to get started now lol. I plan on buying clothes like every week or something, including bibs and socks and everything. Not sure when I'll get my pram, car seat and Moses basket, or baby bath and everything... Oh my there's so much to buy! X

We have bought all the little clothes that LO will need for around the first month, we are staying team yellow so we will buy gender specific outfits when LO is here. We just need to get bibs and socks!!

We were not planning on buying the nursery furniture until later on (or so I thought) but hubby took me out with my dad on Sunday as a mothers day treat to get the nursery furniture. We ended up getting a cot and a changing unit . I want to hold off and see if we need a wardrobe as we already have three wardrobes in the house so we may be able to find space in one of those for LO's things.

Just need to paint the nursery a creamy colour.

The pram will be ordered end of April and we have gone for the iCandy Peach Jogger. We have our car seat, just need to get an isofix base.

Starting to get exciting now.... I love being prepared so I am hoping things will be ready by around 30 weeks....

I know what you mean about paniking..... I got really worried a few weeks ago and had a bit of a hormonal breakdown! I have my budget and timings sorted now so I feel far more prepared!

xx

After my 20 week scan i am simply going to go mental! I have stopped myself from literally buying anything so can not wait to hit the shops lol

I started at Christmas in the Next sale buying bits and pieces. Have nearly enough sleep suits and vests to do first while. Didn't overdo it as I know there will be loads of outfits bought as pressies once baby is here. Also my sister has already given me clothes that she had for my wee nephew last year. Each week now I add nappies to shopping and have been an ebay fan also - brilliant way to get stuff cheaper (and it's all new).

My sister is also giving us car seat, moses basket, bouncer chair, bumbo and Icandy carry cot. Friends giving us cot. Have ordered stroller which we will collect closer to the time.

Going to Ikea today to look at storage ideas and also to get ideas for decorating nursery.

All coming together nicely but would really need to get nursery painted - job for DH :)

We aimed to wait for 20 week scan, but bought a few bits after 13 weeks. gradually bought clothes as weve gone. We ordered the pram at 19 weeks. Then planning to decorate the nursery the long Easter weekend because me and OH are both off work l, once thats decorated will order Cot etc

Im the same dollface, I havent bought a thing yet, although my mum and sister have bought lo a couple of wee sleepsuits. I have my 20 week scan a week today and all going well, will start shopping for things after that. Im the most un organised person I have ever met, so no doubt I will be running about at the last minute panic buying,lol!

I wrote a list near the beginning and have been ticking things off week by week. All the big things have been ordered now so the main thing we need to do is sort out the nursery, this is a job for April. We've been very lucky with people offering to buy us bits so have managed to tick a huge amount off the list. next on the agenda is bedding :) xxx

After my 20 week scan i am simply going to go mental! I have stopped myself from literally buying anything so can not wait to hit the shops lol

^^^ wss!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I am so unorganised. I am 25 weeks and only really have my pushchair, a couple of bits of clothing, a Moses basket an a crib and both of those need new mattresses. The nursery is stripped and we are just waiting for it to be plastered.

I have so much to do!

I set myself the milestone of getting things after the 20 week scan. I had my cot at xmas time as it got given to me.
other things ive got as they were good prices still havent ordered the pram x

I still have loads of stuff to get still. Only had 1 shopping spree, which was the day we had our 20 week scan. I waunder around the aisles looking at baby stuff an feel like a fraud? Like I shouldn't b looking let alone buying anything! Really need to get over it, although it has been quite good that I haven't gone mads pending really. xx

Even though I get silly excited by the idea of buying baby clothes etc. I still feel I would be buying them too soon! Ha - how silly.

We have ordered our furniture and it will be delivered and set up in early May, but later than I wanted, but it will be worth it. We are clearing out spare room this weekend and are going to start painting! Yay!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back