Where to start with baby things?!

twinkles

Reaction score
Hi girls, been thinking today that we only have 20 weeks which to us due to work will only mean 20 days to get organised!!

Where do we start?
What do we need?!
How do we know which pram/buggy/push chair to pick?
Which cot/Moses basket!
What bits fir baby, nappies, creams etc?
It's a mind field!

Any ideas or tips would be welcome!x

Pick a pram that you like, that is easy for you to use and meets your needs re: storage, car boot size etc.
As for nappies, pampers, huggies, asda own are all good. I buy a pack every time I go shopping.
I've got some johnsons night time bath and a top and tail bowl.
I tend to pick up bits and pieces when I see something I like x

Think practical with a pram rather than heart!! Car boot/ public transport is another consideration.
Nappies, wipes, cotton wool are the main bits to start creams can come later.
Chair for baby, car seat, bed, bedding.
Vests, sleepsuits, cardigan, socks, scratch mittens, hat, bibs.
Bottles etc if needed.

Hope that helps!

Fab, just doing our online shop with tesco so grabbed a few bits while on offer! Will keep adding!

How many nappies in size newborn??!!?!x

My lo was in them for ages but others I know grow out of them fast. I'd have a few packs to tide you over the first few weeks incase you don't want to go out! So far I've got 4 packs size 1's and 1 pack size 2's.

Thanks Hun, not a clue where to start with prams!x

Do you have a mothercare/babiesrus near you? If so pop there and look what's on offer and try a few out to see what you like.

I would reccomend you don't bulk buy nappies initially. We bulk bought a load of pampers newborn only to find they never fit LO properly, different nappies suit different babies so find some that work with your LO before bulk buying.

I started with a few clothes and toys and some blankets.
About nappies, I am going to buy one from each brand and that's all as I don't know what will suit my baby, or how fast the baby will grow out of them. We have a supermarket though 1 min drive away and my oh can go pick whatever and be back in 10 min.
I am ordering the pram close to the 20 weeks and also the same with some of the nursery furniture.
Every time I go to the mall I enter the pharmacy and i pick some of the baby essentials like some bottles, bath thermometer, muslins, diaper cream...

Wet wipes and baby toiletries I am planning the same to pick a couple of each brand and see how they suit my baby and then buy more of what I like. I will probably pick wipes and toiletries close to 30 weeks as they are the easiest to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back