The Clomid Thread - 6 BFP's!

Me too! It was bright red and had lots of clots. It made me think it might have been supposed to be a baby. :-(
That's annoying about the cut, maybe you can pretend you did it at the garage?!
Glad you're still feeling breezy! I'm not!

I've now rolled my sleeves up which has helped stem the blood flow to my arm, fortunatley I don't have any meetings today as its not the smartest of looks!

When's your next appointment to agree on a way forward?

Getting scans next week and hopefully IUI although it hasn't been confirmed yet. Its going to be difficult for OH to drop everything at work and go and do his bit!! But I suppose I've had most of the inconvenience and pain so far so its his turn now!

Belfa - I totally feel your pain with having to come up with good excuses at work - I swear they think I am dying given the number of vague excuses I have offered up about "medical appointments"! Hope this blood test was worth the hassle!

Blueflower - fx you can start iui soon

I have also found my AF has been weird on clomid. I had 3 days of brown spotting, 2 days of quite heavy but not super heavy (nowhere near as heavy as the provera induced one) bleeding and now it seems to have more or less stopped on day 3. Hope that's the last I see of the witch for a good long while!

I have to start work early on mon mornings to update by 9am on previous weeks results. So I left home at 6.45 this morning and was legging it for the bus when I remembered I had forgotten to take the blooming clomid!! So had to leg it back and was then late in as I missed my train! If its not one thing it's another!!

Hope round 2 goes well LG!

I have had dreams for the past 2 nights that I have tested and it was positive. I wasn't going to test at all but last nights dream was so vivid I thought it would be harmless to test...BFN of course!

I'm tempted to call the clinic today to confirm my day 28 bloods showed no change and then see if I can take provera again as I guess AF won't come naturally if I've not ovulated?

I guess not - worth seeing what they say. Hope the dream was a premonition! Xx

Hi Ladies

Been a bit quiet in here over the past week! Probably, if like me, we're all waiting on something, be that to ovulate, the tww or to speak to a doctor!

I called the clinic and the Doctors secretary took a message for me. Never heard back from the doctor and I knew that the nurse was back in today so I called back. The nurse wasn't there so I sopke to the secretary again who said the doctor had been trying to get a hold of me all week (I doubt this!!) and she's just posted a letter to me today (really wish I'd updated them with my new address, woops!).

Anyway, I've to read the letter as there's a few instructions on there but the jist of it is that my dosage of clomid is going up to 100mg, I am being put on metformin and I'm getting scanned on cd12 - never expected that!! I am quite pleased but I have taken metformin before as I do have an insulin issue and stopped because it made me sick about and hour after taking it (i.e. on the way to work..!!).

I'm more motivated now as I was only expecting and increased dose of clomid. Plus my diet shakes (I know, I know not the best method) are here so that will hoepfully kick start my system again too.

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Me again, are the tracking scans internal or external...:eh:?

Hi

There have been good number of successes on this thread. The front page isn't up to date but if you go back to the past couple of months there were two ladies who got BFP's. Whilst it may make you ovulate you may not fall pregnant that month so I guess your odds are just like everyone elses when you do eventually ovulate.

Hi Ladies

Been a bit quiet in here over the past week! Probably, if like me, we're all waiting on something, be that to ovulate, the tww or to speak to a doctor!

I called the clinic and the Doctors secretary took a message for me. Never heard back from the doctor and I knew that the nurse was back in today so I called back. The nurse wasn't there so I sopke to the secretary again who said the doctor had been trying to get a hold of me all week (I doubt this!!) and she's just posted a letter to me today (really wish I'd updated them with my new address, woops!).

Anyway, I've to read the letter as there's a few instructions on there but the jist of it is that my dosage of clomid is going up to 100mg, I am being put on metformin and I'm getting scanned on cd12 - never expected that!! I am quite pleased but I have taken metformin before as I do have an insulin issue and stopped because it made me sick about and hour after taking it (i.e. on the way to work..!!).

I'm more motivated now as I was only expecting and increased dose of clomid. Plus my diet shakes (I know, I know not the best method) are here so that will hoepfully kick start my system again too.

Hi hon! I think that's great news - both that they are trying a new treatment plan and that they will scan you. The scans are internal - not the most pleasant but they don't hurt and they only take a couple of mins.

Has AF arrived now then? Or will you have to take provera again?

I am cd10 so waiting to ov. Did my first opk for this cycle this morning - didn't expect it to be positive yet as didn't ov until cd19 last time but thought better to be sure where I stand. Going to dtd every other day just in case. Been trying not to think about it too much!

Hi ladies just wanted to know how successful is clomid?

As belfa said, it definitely works for lots of ladies. I have pcos and don't ovulate at all on my own but ov'ed for the first time on clomid last month. Didn't get my bfp but now I know I do ov on clomid I feel more hopeful about our chances. I think about 80% of women do ovulate on it but some need a higher dose - I was lucky and ov'ed on 50mg

So it depends what issues you are facing? Do you ov naturally?

Belfa you just reminded me, I dreamt I was pregnant last night too! It seemed very realistic which it never has before! I suppose we've got a bit more of a chance this time so its good to be positive! I'm going over to the IUI thread now but will look back on here to see how everyone is doing!

Belfa you just reminded me, I dreamt I was pregnant last night too! It seemed very realistic which it never has before! I suppose we've got a bit more of a chance this time so its good to be positive! I'm going over to the IUI thread now but will look back on here to see how everyone is doing!

Good luck with IUI :dust:! I hope that was also a premonition!

Hi Ladies

Hi hon! I think that's great news - both that they are trying a new treatment plan and that they will scan you. The scans are internal - not the most pleasant but they don't hurt and they only take a couple of mins.

Has AF arrived now then? Or will you have to take provera again?

I am cd10 so waiting to ov. Did my first opk for this cycle this morning - didn't expect it to be positive yet as didn't ov until cd19 last time but thought better to be sure where I stand. Going to dtd every other day just in case. Been trying not to think about it too much!

Are you using teh clear blue digi's again? Good lcuk with the bd'ing. I'm tired just thinking about next cycle :lol:

She didn't say (I'm hoping it's in my letter though) but I'm now on cd 36 so I recon I should start taking them.

I have my clomid prescription! Lost 3kg in 2 weeks (not the best way to do it). And fertility nurse confirmed the weight loss today. So fx if af arrives on time (not early or they won't be able to do 12 day scan over Xmas) then I will start it in around 12 days. Now to figure it all out - clomid in a nutshell?

Congratulations on your weight loss!

I didn't have any side effects from clomid but I took it before bed encase I felt unwell on the train to work. That's a good point about scanning over Xmas, ill have to work that one out myself too x

Argh can't believe pf has been down for so long! How is everyone doing? I am 1dpo today, it's going to be a long tww...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back