Thank you girls- Starting breast feeding

Dee1985

Reaction score
Hi girls as some of you may have read my previous post about desperatly wanting to try breast feeding even though Harley has been formula fed for 7weeks

well you lot gave me support when i thought there was no such thing as relactation and was expecting to just get told "told you so" and "its far to late"
but your kind words and support have gave me the confidence to give it a go.

i mailed Ask a midewife yesterday and got a lovely email back they are so supportive and have defo gave me the confidence to start breast feeding. any one who is interested or would just like to see the email they sent me il forward you it just PM me, or i could post it on here but its very long

great dionne so has he taken to the breast then?

well done hun!

did your milk suply totaly dry up or did you still have a little bit?

cc

Good luck Dionne! :dance:

really hope it works out for you with breast feeding. i have loved breast feeding alex and hope you'll enjoy it just as much!

x

Kim said:
great dionne so has he taken to the breast then?

iv been out all day so am defo starting from tonight, he was very hugry earlier so thought it would be a good time to put him on, he sucked for about 7seconds dont sound long but i was empressed he then pulled away crying but i tryed again and then i was sooooo chuffed, i seen milk round his mouth :D
then i gave him his bottle as i had no more milk.
i just hope he is latching on correct as i have no idea what im doing :roll:

well done hun!

did your milk suply totaly dry up or did you still have a little bit?

i had tiny bits a few dribbles when i sqeeze my boobs.

but have been advised by midwife to get a double pump i need to hire on £49 for 10days :shock: but in the long run will be cheaper then formula lol then with in a few weeks will have anough to feed harley hopefully with out formula

so if your milk suply has dried up completly, thats it?

i take it you can only get it back if you have no dried up 100%?

sorry for all the questions

xxx

layla said:

xxx

its good that i havnt completely dryed up as it helps but no its not an issue, are you interested in it? iv pm you the mail i got from a midwife

I'm so pleased for you hon you wouldn't believe *big smiley happy Kina* :D :D :D

I would have loved to have breastfed now, i'm gutted i didn't!

Jack still routes now on my boob.
:roll:

dionne said:
layla said:

xxx

its good that i havnt completely dryed up as it helps but no its not an issue, are you interested in it? iv pm you the mail i got from a midwife

i got the Pm, thanks hun, i didnt understand it to well tho, it was kind of an information overload!

I would love to try berast feeding again, im really annoyed atmyself for giving up so early, i gave up just short of 2 weeks, my mate said once you hit the 2 week mark it gets easier, if i had known that i would have pushed through the pain.

Its been 4 months since i breast fed so theres no hope for me :(

wish you the best of luck tho hun, you will do great!

xxx

Yvonne said:
I would have loved to have breastfed now, i'm gutted i didn't!

Jack still routes now on my boob.
:roll:

not to late.

iv never been bothered about breast feeding as iv never known any one to breast feed, but reading some of the breast feeding mums i think to myself i wonder what it would be like,

so a few days ago i squeezed out a bit of breast milk put it on my finger then let Harley taste it, i felt so good? strange but i thought "owww il give him another little bit all that goodness must be great for him"

i just felt so good

Dionne how is it possible? i have no milk coming out :(

How can i start again?

WOW Dionne thats so good, hats off to you. :clap: I never knew that you could go that long without breastfeeding and go back to it, if you get my meaning.
I love breastfeeding Ruby its such a wonderful experience and I hope it all works out fantastic for you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

layla, just got this of the net, so there is a chance a 4month old can go back.

Most babies younger than three months can be coaxed back to the breast, especially if their attempts to suckle are promptly rewarded. Babies between three and six months may or may not be willing to nurse, depending on their individual temperaments. Babies older than six months are pretty set in their ways and usually can't be convinced to nurse.

I would start out by seeing if your baby will latch on and suck. You can offer the breast as a pacifer if he is willing to accept it, even before your milk comes in. Using breast massage and switch nursing (alternating between both breasts several times during a feeding) can help increase your milk production.

Girls if your milk has dried up it is still possible to get it going again. Beanie is more of an expert but it is definitley possible!

Note: you shouldn't breastfeed while on the pill, but the mini-pill is OK

Yvonne said:
Dionne how is it possible? i have no milk coming out :(

How can i start again?

any woman who has given birth even years before there is a chance they can get there milk supply going again just takes lots and lots of effort breast pumps will stimulate your breast and will slowly produce milk.

some woman who adopt babies have even been none to :shock:

yeah ask beanie, shes good at these things lol

urchin said:
Girls if your milk has dried up it is still possible to get it going again. Beanie is more of an expert but it is definitley possible!

Note: you shouldn't breastfeed while on the pill, but the mini-pill is OK

Oh i'm on the pill :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back