good releif for sore/cracked nipples

girlygirl

Reaction score
I go to my local breast feeding support groups as ive been having probs feeding and they gave me some samples of these pads you put on your breast to heal cracked and sore nipples.
omg they are fab! they heel them in 24 hours. I now have them prescribed to me.
They are called coolies. hydrogel dressing. says they are new on the box. once healed my bf has got good!
you can wear them for24 hrs and take them off when you need to feed only. just keep the backing plastic to put back on temporeraly while feeding.

was using shielding was for 10 days but now feeding well without :D

sorry if you knew about them :lol:
I found them a great help.

I know lots of women that have tried these and got good results, thats great you can get them on perscription! :hug:

Hey girlygirl,

So pleased you found something to help you - that's brilliant news.

Lanisoh nipple cream is also fantastic and you don't have to wash it off before a feed.

Valentine Xxx

i have lasinoh too but these pads were good to heal the cracks!
I just rang my doc and asked them to prescibe them to me :lol:

Where can i get these from please, i am desperatly in need of some. My nipples are cracked in one place on each and its about 1/2 cm deep and showing flesh, the MW and HV were both stunned that i was still boobie feeding and neither had seen such bad cracks before, i am at my wits end with pain.

I called my doc and told them what they were called and they did a pescription for me. I took the pescription to the chemist and htey had to order them in as had never heard of them before. Only took a day.
So i think if you went to the chemist they could get some in for you.

I was given 2 from hte breastfeeding support group i went to locally, your health visitor may have some samples too.

My cracks did get better quite quickly, one side is still sore but im going to put one on again tonight in bed. Also try get more prescribed to me while i get the one side sorted.

Hope that helps. It will get better. :hug:

Thanks the health visitor is coming tomorrow so i will ask her..... :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back