Thank you girls- Starting breast feeding

urchin said:
How are you getting on Dionne?

I hope you realise we expect an update every day!

I keep checking to see what's happening... has Harley beaten his 7 second record - I hope so!!! Let us know!! :pray:

Emilia xx

yeh how are you getting on hun?

Eva cries when i try to get her to latch on :( think it is too late for us now. thing is my boobs are tingling like mad since i tried to get her to suck a bit!! is that my milk coming back??

Hard work today its just been so hot Dior has been driving me crazy but the worse thing is when she sees him latch on she comes over crying pulling him away she is getting so jelous as she used to help me hold the bottle. well tomorrows another day and il try again. but my boobs are getting more milk not due to Harley sucking but i emty them every half hour by sqeezing them

Maybe teach Dior that after Harley has a feed it's Dior's time to play with mommy?

If she knows her own time is coming soon she might not kick up as much fuss.

good luck for tomorrow

Well done Dionne - i'd never heard of this before - but credit to you, hope it works out - the more you express the more you will produce.

Dionne, how about getting Dior a doll or something so she can look after dolly whilst mummy looks after Harley??

ToriElla, that could be your milk, could be the let down starting??

beanie its the doll that causing the problems :roll:

i got her one when Harley was born it wears one of Harleys nappies and has a BOTTLE whe i feed Harley she gets her bottle and copies, im not having her sit there and pretend to breast feed though think it up sets her seeing Harley cry too. i think she thinks im hurting him.

im really wantto breastfeed though,im sure Dior will come round she was like this when he first had a dummy as she thought she was the only one who could have one but she soon came round

Dionne, these little ones of ours, are so sharp. They can feel very threatened and resentful. They're honest about their feelings - not like us that can be a bit more diplomatic. They also tend to "wind" us up when we're needing to do something, etc - but they don't intent to do anything delibrately - it's their way of feeling left out and that's how they deal with it.
I think it might be worth a try to make up a playbox for Dior to take out only when you're bf'ing. Occassionally add something new that she can discover. Give her loads of praise for being such a clever girl and great, helpful sister.

You're doing really well. Harley will get the hang of it, but like said before, it'll take a bit of time and effort. Once you crack it, you'll love bf'ing! Enjoy doing it too and don't stress.

I hope you have a great day today - I really admire you !!

Emilia xx

That's a great idea Emilia, she'll be impatient for Harley's BF time so she can open her box!

thats a good idea... well im in all day today as we are going to a party tonight. so i can concentrate on trying to BF :D

I hope it pays of,just these early days its so easy to just give up. but im trying to hold out :)

well done hun! your doing so well :)

xxx

I want a breastfeeding goodie box!! :lol:

Keep it up Dionne, you're doing great :D These first few days are going to be difficult, but I really admire the way that you're approaching this :)

YAY SOME MILK CAME OUT :dance: thought it was all gone but I squeezed after my shower and a little bit came out!! I was just going to give up again.

now i just need to get her to latch on properly.

Dionne - this site is good: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/bab ... reast.html

lots of good tips on it. one of the things it says is to try nipple shields to get the baby used to nursing at first. I might try that, I have some. :think:

Well there's no way I can start again, Rubie was horrified when I put her near my boob, she just turned her head and cried and struggled. I tried her at different times of the day and still no luck, so I guess it wont happen for me :(

I'm the same Kim, Jack just had a lick the first time then that was it, he has no interest of laching on.
I had a shower earlier and then squeezed my boob and there was a bit of milk coming out of the right one, so i may try and put it in his mouth and see what he makes of the taste, i think Jack is to set in his ways. :(

I have been trying all day and i cant get anything out of mine, think its to late.

will make sure i try really hard next time tho! i wont give up so easily

xx

I can still get milk from mine after the hassle of it drying uo :roll: think Damien is set in his ways by now, but next time I'm going to try again if the baby will latch!

Glad it's going well girlies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back