Thank you girls- Starting breast feeding

lalya it would come back, not sure on that pump though i have been advised to speak to my health visitor as hospitals have certain types of pumps that will be stronger, and have been advised to use double breast pump

Yvonne said:
urchin said:
Girls if your milk has dried up it is still possible to get it going again. Beanie is more of an expert but it is definitley possible!

Note: you shouldn't breastfeed while on the pill, but the mini-pill is OK

Oh i'm on the pill :(

I'm only going on what someone else posted, so not 100% sure of the reasons etc. Why not ask your HV about swapping to the mini-pill?

isnt the double pump the same strengh as a single tho, its just it does both at the same time?

any ideas on how long it would take for my milk to come back in if i started after the weekend? or is it diffrent for everyone.

xxx

isn't it the same amount of time that you stopped? ie I stopped 3 months ago so it would take 3 months???

I am at the docs about my pill on friday anyway, might change it then, iwould like to see if he is interested, he routes for my boob all the time, even though i have never breast fed him

Yvonne said:
I am at the docs about my pill on friday anyway, might change it then, iwould like to see if he is interested, he routes for my boob all the time, even though i have never breast fed him

iv never breast fed either and Harley roots for my boob,maybe he can smell my milk?

also if you speak to you doc there is a drug that he can supply to help produce more milk

Layla why don't you try plugging in your pump and sitting with it attached whilst on the net? I'm pumping at the mo. (moooooo!). The stimulation will definately help with trying to get your boobies starting to produce again.

Dionne - I'm sure Harley can smell it and it's also a nutural instinct. Ella used to move like a seal onto my boob if I lay her on my tum! She knew exactly where it was!!

dionne said:
also if you speak to you doc there is a drug that he can supply to help produce more milk

Domperdone (sp) makes you lactate :)

ok, thanks guys.

I will start using my pump when i get back from the festival, i will also speak to my doc about the tablets to help things along, if i find my pump is not strong enough, i will rent the double one.

good luck dionne!

xxxx

Aww good luck both of you and keep us posted :)

i would love to try and see if he will latch on, but i feel strange,

like i was forcing my son to my boob, it's different when they are young, but cos i have never done it and he has gone 5 months on the bottle, would it be worth messing him up?

Yvonne if you're not sure why not offer it to him a few times and see if he's interested at all.

Yvonne - why don't you just see if he's interested? If he is then you certainly aren't forcing him onto the boob. :)

that sounded horrible sorry, i just don't want to confuse him, am i strange wanting to do it this late on when i didn't do it before?

I actually had a try and exactly the same as before, Kai screams when I put him there, after over 4 months.

And I had a go at seeing if I had any milk and after a few minutes some came out.

Great for those that try it but not for us at all.

Aww it's not strange, it sounds like you want to give it a try so I'd say go for it, take your cues from him and if he says no then at least you tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back