Temping question

phonixgirl

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I've started temping this month and FF said I ovulated on Saturday (although I thought it was Friday). I'm very happy that it showed ovulation but anyway...

Today it says I am 5dpo. I usually wake up in the middle of the night for a wee but it doesn't affect anything (usually it's half 3ish). However, last night I didn't wake until 5 then woke at 6:25 and took my temp then. I knew I hadn't been asleep the full 2 hours but it was the best I could get and it was 36.39 which is below my baseline (previous day was 36.73). My thermometer is next to my bed so although I move about a bit, I don't get up. Also my cat was being fussy around my head so I'm not sure if she knocked the thermometer or made me open my mouth a little?

I went back to sleep and woke at 7am and that showed a temp of 37.04.

I'm guessing the first is the most accurate because I'd had the most sleep. Which should I record? Most of my temps have been taken around 6am. Xx

Last edited:
None of them are accurate, you should have taken it at 5 when you first woke up after the longest sleep x

Its nothing to worry about. Pick the lowest one. You already ovulated thats all it matters.

Now next 5 days are important, make sure you take your T at the same time in the morning before you even move!

I used to keep my thermometer under the pillow and slowly reached it every morning. x

Thanks, I didn't take it at 5 because I thought it was 2 in the morning. Clock is on DH's side of the bed and he doesn't like the light so covers it up. I'm thinking of taking an iPad or something upstairs so I always have a clock!

I recorded the lowest one, but I know it's not accurate. It's well below coverline but not reading into anything because I didn't have much sleep (thought it would be higher, not lower, though?!). It's back up today anyway and was done at the same time after more than 3 hours sleep etc (not as high as the day before yesterday, but higher than the coverline nonetheless).

Thanks ladies :) xx

I was tracking my temperature just for a month. I found it very stressful to be honest.

I found out I was ovulating a lot later than I thought. CD15.

Now I'm drinking lots of grapefruit juice and water and will track cm this month. x

Last edited:
Don't worry about it too much, if you record your temp as being taken at a different time on FF it will know it's not accurate and use a see through dot rather than a solid one, and will take that in to account when it's doing its magic predictions!

The same happened to me this morning although I'm pre OV. I woke up an hour and a half before I usually temp and really needed to wee so I took it then before I went to the bathroom.

It's 0.2 degrees Celsius lower than usual but FF has added a blank circle to mark it as not totally accurate!

Out of curiosity, do you pay for FF? My free VIP trial has ended and I don't know whether to pay for a subscription...

X

Babyfrog

You can record your T in excel. Set the graph to show the numbers with 3 decimal places and you are good to go.x

Hi

No, I don't pay. I've never even had the VIP. I think the stuff you get for free is enough. :) I like it as it shows when I ovulated etc.

It hasn't discounted the temp but maybe because it was after ov. It looks like quite a dip but am discounting it in my mind. Xx

You can mark it as questionable and it'll take it out if you want too :)

Thanks Charlotte9, you can still do the basics, but the VIP gives you extras like it looks at when you BD and tells you if you timed it well etc. I'll just stick with the free one I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back