Help with Temping :)

ChloeNat

Reaction score
Hey all

So I'm onto cycle 5 now and decided to start doing things right. I got my digital thermometer, conceive plus, one step ovulation tests and pregnancy tests in the post today.

I'm brand new to all the temping and things like this so any tips as to when to take my temperature, how to record it to see the (dip? or rise? I don't know) and any other things I need to know would be great. Did a test run and took my temp few hours ago and got 37 Degrees Celsius lol how much more normal can you get.

Also on my ovulation tests as I have a 32 day cycle it says to start testing at CD15 but this seems very late? Should I test say around Day 10 to make sure? I got 15 tests so that should keep me going CD10 - CD25.. or should I test twice a day?

Thanks in advance

C xx

hi, i suggest you educate yourself on what bby charting actualy does - measures temp rises casued by the corpus releasing preogesterone after the egg is released basically.

i hope you were just testing the theomoter worked when you took your temp a few hours ago!?! you know bbt charting means measuring the basal body temperature - which is the lowest temp the body gets to at complete rest, therefore you must do as sson as yuo wake, you cannnot sit up, have a drink, talk or anything!!

For charting to be worthwhile you need to follow rules and the best way to do this sign up to an online software provide ie TCOYF - takign charge of your fertility and getting the book that goes with it. I think it is fantastic, as do some of the other ladies on here. i woudlnt recomend fertility friend. the software looks dated and very basic. TCOYF is much more analytical and does all teh guess work for you.

Hope you find charting as educational and as interesting as I ahve found it, it really is fab.

For the OPKs, start about day 10. good luck.

I agree with itisbabytime! You will be surprised to know how your body's temp changes like clockwork! It also gives a clear indication of what happened/about to happen (ov, af, implantation).

But keep in mind that the body could be very sensitive to slight changes - like recording temp even 45mins earlier may not indicate the right temp. Also you should not get up for peeing, drinking or even a short chat with OH - I find it all a little taxing, but probably worth the trouble :)

Good luck with temping and other efforts! Hope you are rewarded by a shiny bright BFP soon :) :dust:

I love temping, but you must stick to the bbt charting rules otherwise you don't get accurate results.

Main rules are

• take on a morning, don't get up, talk, have a wee. Anything!
• take same time each morning & try not to fluctuate if you can help it
• lack of sleep or alcohol will affect reading so make a note if either of these happen

Hopefully I've not missed anything?! Good luck x

I think charting is great! Can't add too much on waht the others have said, but good luck with it all :) xx

oh and another thing: I have heard not to obsess with just one simgle temp... its the pattern that usually matters rather than every little fluctuation - but i can never get to stop myself from over-analysing my temps on a daily basis :)

oh and another thing: I have heard not to obsess with just one simgle temp... its the pattern that usually matters rather than every little fluctuation - but i can never get to stop myself from over-analysing my temps on a daily basis :)

so true! its the pattern not the daily movement that matters

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back