Temping

russellmuscle

Reaction score
Hi girls :)

You may or may not know but I have decided Im done with the sticks (sort of)..

I am gonna be temping next month as I really dont feel confident this month. I have been following smep but planned to use C+ when OV, last month I OVd CD19 or there abouts which is drawing near and no distinct positive of yet from the cheapies and the CB opks last cycle werent any better. I will still use my opks as I read that temping doesnt give you an indication on the run up to OV. But have decided to use my 2ww getting myself ready for next cycle :)

So I have decided to temp.. Obviously I have done my homework and printed some stuff out on temping but just wondering if there is anything that maybe you found out yourself along the way by temping or anything that I might not know already ?

LOL I will post but I'm just as clueless as you.....but posting so you won't be all alone here :D

Hi,

I temp & all I can say is, u need to take ure temp same time everyday, have ure thermomitor at the side of ure bed cos u are not to get up, talk, go for a wee or anything before u take it as it will affect ure result. U need to have had at least 4 hrs sleep.

Ure temperature will be low at the start if ure cycle & once uve ovulated then ure temp will significantly rise until af arrives. It normally drops the day or 2 before af so ull know she's coming.

Hope that helps? Xx

Yes thats great thank you so much :) xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Hey, I've mentioned on a couple of other threads about the book Taking Charge of your fertility. Amazing book. Tells you everything you need to know about temping and has lots of different chart examples for all scenarios.

Mainly you're looking for a biphasic pattern. A set of lower temps before ov and a set of higher ones after. Although some charts may not be as obvious. If you use an online chart such as fertility friend or tcoyf it will work out your ov dates and coverline automatically for you.

Good luck! X

Deffo have a read of TCOYF its very interesting. Alot to take in but as you like reading I am sure you will enjoy and have a much better understanding of things work and why.

Quick question which may sound silly? What part of the body do people temp??

x

I do under my tongue, at the back on one side :)

Yeah i do on my left under my tongue. Just i didn't fancy anywhere else it suggested.

x

Does it change if you are pregnant then. Like not dropping before af? Not planning on using temping yet..;ust curious! :)

Xx

I think if your pregnant your temp will stay high aftr ov and through pregnancy. So it doesn't drop if your pregnant where it drops before AF if your not pregnant. (don't quote me on this)

x

Last edited:
If u are pg ure temps will stay high & they stay high throughout ure pregnancy. I just put mine under my tongue, no specific side it doesn't matter. U can it it up ure foof...lol but I imagine this isn't nice at the beginning of ure cycle! I've never done this but I hear u get the best readings. I'll just stick to my tongue :)

Xx

Yeah thats right char, i think if it stays up 18 straight days after ov your prenant.. Xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 yusing Tapatalk

best advice is never to believe a temperature shift till you've seen it for three days running. temps will fluctuate quite a bit but will show a general trend. it's easy (i've done it tonnes of times) to read too much into a single temperature change and get yourself worked up. three temps is a good rule to work on

I wouldnt use the mouth, cause if you have been sleeping with your mouth open it will be different to if you are sleeping with mouth closed. Stick it up your floof and leave it there for a minute. I think you get a more accurate result.

also do the course on Fertility Friend. It doesnt take that long and it really does educate you in all things TTC, and not just temping. The more educated you are about things, then the better informed choices you can make.

If you are done wth the sticks, have a look at the "Billings Method". Its a totally natural method of predicting ovulation. And there is a fun chart with colourful symbols!

Awww thanks girls so helpful :) im not out this cycle but wanna use my tww gettin prepared for nxt, if there is one - organising things keeps me sane :)

I will deffo check out fertility friend, i will still use the opks just to check for my surge but the temping is to check deffo when i most likely ov as i havent got any clear results yet, i think around cd19 but i will wait and see.

Thanks again for your advice - much appricated ladies :) xxxx

get a themometer that beeps so u now when it can be read.

Ive ordered one already i think it beeps not sure lol xxxx

:)mine beeps! but I just started btt'ing this cycle and:oooo: I place mine under my tongue...

Yeah mine beeps, I checked yesterday.

I thought you said you would be doing it anally bf? :shock: lmao kiddin!

I dno where I will temp, I have been told to temp my good girl but I dont know if I can be annoyed with a thermometer beeping in my goodgirl at 6.30 am hahaha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back