Telling mum I'm pregnant

MrsK

Reaction score
I am 4 months pregnant with my 2nd child, and cannot tell my mum I am pregnant even though I am 29 years old and married. I had my first child when I was young and she guessed however said she was pleased but really I knew she was hurt and probably let down. She is very good to my little boy but I just cannot get the words out to tell her I have been planning to as the past two months! I think I will tell her on the telephone as when I am at her house my little one is always about and I don't want to get him excited just yet and I will explain to her why I am telling her by phone. Will this be a good idea or does anyone have any ideas for me! I am losing a lot of sleep over this!

Hun, you could tell her over the phone. Or maybe go out for a spot of lunch and do it then? :)

How about taking her for a coffee and showing her the scan pic?? Goodluck x x

My OH have not told his parents and im over halfway! He is scared they will be disapointed due to his religion and everyday he waits it gets harder and harder. His family dont live in England so it have not bothered me.
But then 2 days ago his mum sadley passed away never knowing her first grandchild was on the way and i think he wished he had told her.

I think in your case tho, give her a copy of the scan pic just like said before, thats a nice thing to do and im sure she will be pleased :D

hey hun...i would just take her out and tell her defo. She'l be real happy for you trust me. Just because of your experience last time dont let this one be affected too. Trust me after u tell her ul think..what was i worrying about!!!
Get it out of the way and tell us all about it, its not worth losing sleep over it!!1
xx

Bring it up in convo like oh I got to get some
more vests ect and you know where i can get a good Moses basket from and if she asks you why just casually say mum I told you I was pregnant like ten weeks ago don't ya listen?? Lol that's what I would do haha!!

evie thats funny! i might do that on my next one! lol

I was scared to tell my mum at first, gods knows why im 26! But ya know im so glad i did, she is so supportive and really happy to be expecting her first grandchild.

Im sure your mum will be just as happy and supportive :) xxx

Gah I was very nervous telling my mum! Especially seeing as I'm only 19 and my mum went with the whole "no sex before marriage" thing lol!
But my mum was out the night I found out, so my friend and I went to my house and I rang her telling her to come home cause I needed to tell her something. She was too impatient and rang me back insisting I told her on the phone. Somehow she guessed what it was. Then she came home and she wasn't angry at all... well not that night anyway.
The next day I received the silent treatment LOL! But she's fine with it now. :)

I agree, taking her out and showing her the scan pic would be a lovely way of telling her. Good luck! :D

just be really excited when ur telling her, my mum knew me and my husband wanted another but i get pregnant fast and i waited til i had 12 wk scan photo and called at her house and said jus thought ud wana c a photo of ur grandson or daughter on way she was so happy, good luck.

isobel- thats so sad about ur OH's mum, hope hes doing ok and you too dont want too much stress with baby xxx

Hi everyone, have decided that tommorrow evening me and hubbie will go to visit and share the news. Just a bit concerned about how I am going explained I am 4 months bit worried she will be hurt I havent told her before now!

Just say you were worried about MC's this time, and didn't want to get her hopes up incase something was wrong. That way your not saying you really were worried about telling her

Good luck, enjoy your exciting evening X

Hope it goes well! You could tell her you wanted to make sure everything was ok, and you'd planned to wait until after your 20 week scan but couldn't wait any longer x

Good luck, hope it goes ok!

I told my parents by text - it gave them time to think about it before replying lol!

Yes today was the big day (meant too be at least two weeks ago however between one thing and another!! it didnt happen) . Me and hubbie went to pick up our little boy who stayed with my parents this afternoon, and we were just generally chatting when I announced we had a surprise for all of them.....my mum then blurted out oh my god you're pregnant!!! We,ll my heart was beating at 1000 miles an hour and I started to cry ( dont know what came over me) to make a long story short she said what was a crying about it was brillant news and we should be very happy!! Then we all talked about it in general although when I told her how far on I was she did look a bit shocked and asked why did I not say sooner I just said that I needed sometime to get used to this myself and we wanted to tell our son during his school hols incase the excitement put him off his school work!! At last she knows!! Now I can look forward to my 20 week scan on Thursday!!:)

well done you! glad she took it like that and she sounds very pleased and happy about it!! XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back