Avoid looking pregnant!

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Had a quick question. I am a student TTC. So, was wondering for how long can I cover up my pregnancy (whenever it happens - all fingers crossed :) )? I know that its different for different women. I am 5' 2" and petite. Any general ideas? It will certainly be an extremely happy time for me and my family, but want to avoid telling my (very young and immature) classmates that I am pregnant until 6 months. Is this too much to ask?

6months might be while to try and hide it - but different styles of clothing works - sounds cliche = but baggy jumpers, or long dress. xxx

you mau find that u can coverup the appearence of being pregnant but if ur one of the 70 % of women to experience morning sickness so they will probably guess anyway

how young is young and immature? I can't see that anyone other than highschoolers would actually care.

I'm only 18 weeks and showing like anything. Even baggy stuff wouldn't cover bump up so I couldn't even if I wanted to!

i have a bump and so far ive kept it hidden at work and not told anyone and no-one has said anything. i imagine some have guessed but not said anything

I've only just popped and I'm 6 months tomorrow! I keep my bump quite hidden in town (mainly because of too many nosey people trying to interfere and spoil it all for us) but I've managed for most of the time by generally not being very big and chunky knits work a treat! Lol I've used my handbag before know as well to conceal bump. Don't get me wrong I'm in no way ashamed of my baby, I just don't feel like I should make it so easy for all the nasty people to make comments!

Im 15 weeks and I can still hide it in the right clothes. I guess it does vary a lot though, if your smaller, you show earlier. I definitely do show, and unless Im wearing something very baggy, i get people staring at my belly when I go out. I have been hiding it sometimes too, because I look a lot younger than I am so I can disapproving looks too!! I would say baggy tops, and layers help. Like a baggy top, with an open cardigan over the top. I don't know how much longer I'll get away with this, but I do know people who were hardly showing at 6 months. Hope this helps! :D x x x

Yes, layering definitely works! And scarves :)

Thank you for the replies, ladies! So cardigans and layers and scarves and baggy dress it is! Maybe I will start dressing like that now so that they dont doubt it later :) Its good to know that atleast some women dont show much even during their 6th month...

I would think you wouldn't be able to hide it right up to 6 months. I'm just under 5 months, not a small girl (size 16) but its pretty obvious I'm pregnant. Been obvious for about 3 or 4 weeks at least now.x

My cousin didn't pop til around 6months! She was able to completely hide it! Seriously there wasn't even a roundness then one day BAM-Baby bump! :)

I'm 5'5". Kinda believed i wouldnt show til much later but was shocked that I started showing so early!

I'm 5'5 was a 12-14 and i showed really early on too...6-8weeks i was showing! But not everyone is like this! You're supposed to be able to hide it for at least 3months.

Definately depends on your size in the first place, not only that but everyone's body carries differently, for example; I am 5'7 and size 8, always have been. If i wear a tightish top it is now quite obvious, mostly because im a beanpole and there appears to be a bump in the middle. If i wear a work shirt or T-shirt (not any t-shirt, something from Top Shop of course) it vanishes.

My friend is the same height she was a size 10-12 she didn't start showing till she was 6months.

Good luck and have fun hiding your bump - although personally a bump is not something that should be hidden, stick it out girl, hehehe ;)

Im 5'1" and 25wks this week and people still cant tell, I can tell in my pj's as im not as toned as I was but only fiance sees me in them. Im still in my size 10 clothes and as i usually wear polo shirt, sweatshirt, combats and body warmer so nothing has changed and people that dont know havent the foggiest idea.

I think it all depends on the individual person and how fit you are / have been, I have 3 horses to look after and muck out every day plus we have a farm so am pretty active without having to go to the gym.

If its winter you can definatly use it as an excuse to wear cardigans etc, you cant tell in my work clothes i just look fat but if i wear a t shirt you can see a massive bump so it does go on what you wear... but to be honest i would just tell them and get it over with- they are going to find out eventually and unless its high school i wouldn't think people would really care... I knew a few lasses in college who where pregnant and no one bitched or said anything - everyone was actually really nice and asked to see scan pics etc xx

pinkyprincess - it was a lot of fun reading your journal! The bump pics are soo adorable!! And I see what everyone else means - it will be quite difficult to conceal by the 6th month.

flaxen - i am not exactly very fit. But, I am physically quite active - hopefully that will help!

Probably, I will end up letting everyone know if it becomes obvious! But good to hear stories where women got their own time to let whoever they want know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back