Tearing

Gravidgecko

Reaction score
My mum just told me something horrible that I hadn't even thought of.
Apparently when I was born she tore and needed 3 stitches, which I knew. What I didn't realise is that she actually tore FORWARDS, into her urethra!

Ahhhh!!!!

I didn't even know that was an option!
Completely terrified now :(

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Tearing up, down, left, right is all the same to me (I cant see one being more painful than the other having experienced it). Did your mum have any issues? Its so hard not to worry when you hear stories and it makes me wince too but I promise you its something that you just get through, like a right of passage. You are a baby birth warrior, you can do this!

With my first, I tore up, in, out, down and it was really really quite a bad tear. I had 52 stitches and a good 3.5 hours in theatre to repair it all, and I can honestly say it wasn't that bad! Yes of course it was gross tearing up into my urethra and TMI I tore so far up they told me I would be lucky to ever have sexual pleasure ever again (thankfully the doctor repaired me so so well and all is fine) but it did take me a while to poo normally, a couple of years in fact. I healed quite quickly and and it was what it was.

I am back for seconds now and due this friday, of course I am a little nervous it might happen again, but I am confident this time I will actually listen to the midwife better as when she told me to stop pushing last time, I just couldn't help myself but push! So this time I am well and truly going to listen and do as I am told to avoid tearing as badly. I actually don't mind if I tear even a little bit as it heals better than an episiotomy apparently.

Don't panic about it, just listen to your midwife when in labour xxx

I tore completely front to back with my son needed almost 40 stitches they wanted to take me to theatre to do it but I wasn't leaving my son so just took the gas an air, was there for over an hour being stitched, to be honest it was grand, didn't feel it tearing, didn't feel it being stitched, was brand afterwards

I tore with my son as he was back to back and chose to turn at the last minute, had stitches etc, wasn't too bad until a few days after when it became really uncomfortable to sit down, midwife advised to go to the body shop and buy tea tree oil and put some drops in the bath every night and sit in it .... It worked wonders :) x

Ok. Feel slightly better. I guess it's the not knowing. I'd hate to get to that part and just feel fear rather than excitement or relief

Ok. Feel slightly better. I guess it's the not knowing. I'd hate to get to that part and just feel fear rather than excitement or relief

If it helps I was too busy and focused on pushing to realise I had torn, it wasn't until they told me afterwards. However that may be different for others x

Yeah MrsB is right you don't even know it happens, I didn't have a clue that I had torn so it was completely fine, and you're on a mad high after having the baby so you don't even care if you do have to be stitched up lol xx

My husband wasn't impressed when I asked the dr stitching me up if he was qualified to do that - to be fair, he had a dr stood behind him telling him what to do - Chris told me I couldn't ask that, my response was 'yes I can he's in between my legs stitching my bits up' :) the dr found it funny and agreed with me lol and told Chris I had every right to ask.

I think if they have to cut you it heals a bit nicer or something but I wouldn't know, I just remember not knowing until the midwife said the dr was coming to stitch me up x

See I have heard the opposite, natural tears apparently heal much better and quicker xx

Hmm, how odd, why is anything never clear in pregnancy? They should have a list of what happens or could happen etc so we are aware x

Lol i know tell me about it! A friend recently had an episiotomy and said the recovery was awful! xx

Aww bless her, I would of thought I clean cut would heal better x

I would too, I guess if it's natural you might not tear as deep as a cut etc maybe that is why, god knows lol xx

I'm grateful I won't be getting any tears this time :) x

I'm also definitely going to be an August mummy x

I know :) I have been booked in for a section but they are trying to bring it forward a week but either way they will be here this month x

Oh my god how bloody exciting is that :D I am really happy for you love, shit me you're gonna have twins by the end of the month! EEEEEK!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back