Another coil question... (tmi)

leckershell

Reaction score
To those that have had one removed.. (Mirena)

How long did you bleed for afterwards? :?

Bearing in mind my periods hadn't started yet as was breastfeeding, so the last time I bled was after Ryan... also I only had the coil in for 2 days. I was bleeding only a tiny bit on Friday when they took it out, slightly more on Saturday, but yesterday and this morning it's getting more heavy. I just wondered if that sounds normal... I'm still a bit worried that they pierced me or tore me, cos even the doctor wasn't 100% she didn't... and I don't know how long to leave it before I get checked out... and even then what would I do, book a doctors appointment or go to the hospital?!

:wall: dam coil

:think: I bled for about three days... first day there was very little only spotting, then it got heavier... then by day four more spotting, day 5 no more. Then I didn't have a bleed for over 8 weeks... :shock: and we were trying for a baby so it was really frustrating.

However, if you have cramping and pain with the bleeding, you should go and see the doctor asap because I don't remember having any pain with my bleed. The first day or so after having the coil out... yes I had cramps, but after that nothing at all...

It doesn't hurt, I'm just bleeding.. I've felt a bit feint over the weekend but I don't know if that's related.

3 or 4 days i bled with mine! getting this one out nxt wk woo hoo!

:) good one... though you're not meant to ttc straight away are you cos of ectopic risk? sorry if im wrong...

midna said:
I had mine in a while but I bled for 6-7 months lol...it was like having all my periods I had missed in one go. 8) ..but thats coz Im fkin awsome!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was told to hold of ttcing for 3 months, so as to reduce the risk of miscarriage, because the lining of your uterus would have been thinned to nothing over three years, and it needed time to build up... but nothing about an eptopic.

Coils only stop an egg implanting in the uterus which is why when it's in there is a risk of an eptopic pregnancy because the fertilised egg cannot enter the uterus, once its gone, theres no reason for it not to travel to the uterus without a problem... unless of course you have some scaring in your fallopian tubes, but that wouldn't be caused by a coil as they don't go into your tubes. .

leckershell said:
:) good one... though you're not meant to ttc straight away are you cos of ectopic risk? sorry if im wrong...

I did the last time, Got the coil out end of the july 06 n was preg aug 06 :D hoping the same again :D :D

I had a mirena coil for 3 and half years before having it removed to ttc. I bled for about 3 days afterwards but it was very light, maybe because I hadn't had a period with it for about 3 years.
Doctor told me I could ttc straight away, I fell pg 3 months after its removal :D

I had one of these after my first baby, the Mirena it never settled down and the cramps were nasty, I had it out in the end and shortly after caught for Rocco ..

So its back to the drawing board for me, cant have the pill, dont get on with the coil, my OH not use condoms so I dont know what we are going to do :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back