Tearing

By the sounds of it you will have your little boy by the end of the week :) ... A tad jealous lol x

He might just decide he wants to appear and fast x

That does make me slightly nervous is any minute I could just go into hard and fast labour like I did with my daughter like out the blue completely! xx

Oh, at least he is fully cooked if you do then x

I think if they have to cut you it heals a bit nicer or something but I wouldn't know, I just remember not knowing until the midwife said the dr was coming to stitch me up x

See I have heard the opposite, natural tears apparently heal much better and quicker xx

Just before my little girl was born my midwife told me she was going to give me an episiotomy because it was likely I would tear because of her head position- the matron came in and said no way was she to give me an episiotomy and to leave me to tear because baby wasn't distressed & the recovery/repair work is easier and less painful! My midwife was newly qualified while matron was a older been there done it type- guess it differs from midwife/midwife.

Thankyou, that answers what we didn't know, I would trust the matron due to experience, not that I wouldn't trust the midwife of course x

Woow. Some of these stories are horrendous. I tore with my first. Didnt feel is as i was too busy pushing. No idea how many stitches i needed but i did feel myself getting stitched due to no having anesthetic kn the correct place. Stingy to pee and was uncomfortabke to sit but that was all. I was so scared with my second as everyone told me id definately tear cause i tore first time... didnt tear at all surprisingly!

Woow. Some of these stories are horrendous. I tore with my first. Didnt feel is as i was too busy pushing. No idea how many stitches i needed but i did feel myself getting stitched due to no having anesthetic kn the correct place. Stingy to pee and was uncomfortabke to sit but that was all. I was so scared with my second as everyone told me id definately tear cause i tore first time... didnt tear at all surprisingly!

That gives me hope, it is one of my small anxieties that I will be tearing again but I hope that I have a similar outcome to you and don't tear at all, that would be magical! I remember the sitting down afterwards hell on Earth, so I am hoping this time it won't be so bad! xx

I tore down the middle with my 1st and towards right side with my 2nd but was stitched up and after a few weeks would never have known ttc number 3 and joke with hubbie that ill tear to the left this time complete the set so to speak tearing again definitely don't worry me ..

I was the same ... Once I had healed I wouldn't know there had been a tear there, it just wasn't nice waiting for it to heal x

You might be lucky like me - 1st degree tear & no stitches with DD1, no tearing at all with DD2! I think I have a very stretchy perineum haha x

That gives me hope, it is one of my small anxieties that I will be tearing again but I hope that I have a similar outcome to you and don't tear at all, that would be magical! I remember the sitting down afterwards hell on Earth, so I am hoping this time it won't be so bad! xx

Also baby number 1 who i teared with was 7lb 5. 2nd was 8lb! She was huge. When i seen her i thought oh no i bet shes torn me to bits.... talk about being shocked when i was told i hadnt torn! So it doesnt even matter if s/he is bigger :) xx

Also baby number 1 who i teared with was 7lb 5. 2nd was 8lb! She was huge. When i seen her i thought oh no i bet shes torn me to bits.... talk about being shocked when i was told i hadnt torn! So it doesnt even matter if s/he is bigger :) xx

Ahh this is really good to know, judging by my growth scans this baby will be bigger than my daughter if they are accurate ... So there is hope then! :rofl: xxx

I had an episiostomy and third degree tear ( tore through my muscles and right into my rectum) almost 6 months ago. Took about 4 weeks before i stopped taking pain relie . Number 2's were uncomfortable and couldn't even imagine having sex. Had aez for the first op when my daughter was 13 weeks. Was no where near as bad as i had imagined xxx

I begged for them to do an episiotomy - cut totally from front to back as i had been in hosp being induced 4 days and awake for 36 hrs, i cried and cried till they brought a doctor and she cut me straight away!
Was great and baby came next push!
Think i was delirious first few days as dont really remember pain but the next 3 wks was horrendously painful! X

Just an update - I tore again 2nd degree but not as badly as my first baby thankfully the midwife was able to repair me instead of being carted off to theatre! xx

I have to say... this horror of tearing makes me wish I wasn't a woman and didn't need to go through this... I think I'll get my husband to read it later!

You won't feel any pain from the tear until the anesthesia wears out, so good luck with peeing and pooping. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back