Oh my god, I'm carrying a chubster!!

angelmma

Reaction score
Well, I had another scan today, and my baby is still measuring 2 weeks ahead!!! The consultant said by my measurements hes 2lb 14 (Which I thought is 3lb) and on my growth chart hes at the higher line. I asked if I would have my due date brought forward and they said no, that I was just having a big baby, but Im scared cause I had my DD 3 weeks early and she was 7lb 4oz, so if I go full term with this it could be a big 10/11lb baby. I tore with my DD how the hell will I get this one out? Im afraid of tearing again, as I found labour grand, got to 9cm without anything and was up walking about, but the pain from the tear and stitches was really bad :( I hope to god I go a fortnight earlier xxx

Wow 2 weeks - maybe they've got your dates wrong? At least you know you have a healthy little chubster in there :hug:

I would have thought 14 took you to the next lb too but had a think and it'll be oz. There are 16oz in a lb (thanks google lol).

xx

I wouldn't worry to much, my last to pregnancys I wa told your babys going to be 11lb. My son was 8lb 2oz and I needed 1 stitch. This time with my daughter I felt huge and very uncomfy. My measurements where always 2 or 3 weeks ahead. I had her term plus 3, she was 9lb 6oz, I didn't have any stitches (water birth). She was covered in vernix this white stuff and they reckoned she was about 3 week early x

Olive - Haha my friend is only after explaining to me that theres 16oz in a pound haha. my dates have been the same up until a month a go, I get scanned every 2 weeks, then he seemed to take a growth sprut haha.

Mrs Hakaxjd - Aww thats good you didnt have stitches last time, I swear thats the part Im dreading, although Im abit worried incase its a 12lb one (the women in my family seem to have big babies haha) and it gets stuck haha xxx

They told my friends sis that her baby was 2 weeks bigger also! He was a tiny 6lb odd!! xx

Youngmum that reasures me as I a few people have been telling me in work that they were told that they are measuring big and they had 7/8lb babies. If I have an 11lber he wont fit into his wee clothes haha xxx

Everyone thought I would have a tiny baby as my bump wasn't massive, and come the day I needed forceps to get my wee girl out ( it was either that or c section) as she was a surprising 9 pounds! Never expected it but she was 10 days over due as well. It's funny though she did outgrow some of her clothes as soon as she was born hah :) x

Try not to worry too much, I ended up being recommended a c-section because they thought my LO was almost 12lbs! Then he came out 10lb2oz...

Scans can get it wrong and im glad because caleb fits all his newborn clothes haha!

Xx

My sister needed forceps and ventouse etc with her 7.2lb girl but managed her 8.8lb boy just fine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back