Summer Briggs

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
Summer was born on Monday 3rd September at 9:56 am by elective C section.
The whole thing went great and I am so pleased with how it all went.
Me and my OH Damien got to the hospital at 8am and was in theater by 9am so it all happened so quickly.
I didn't feel a thing, even the injection for the spinal block tickled and didn't hurt one little bit.
They put a screen across my chest so I couldn't see what was going on and all I could feel was alot of tugging and pulling but I had no pain what so ever it was great! Me and Damien watched a very detailed video of a c section so I knew exactly what was going on so Damien put his head near mine and I spoke to him to distract myself because even though I couldn't feel any pain I still knew what was going on but I was so calm through out the whole thing and then Damien decided to be brave and he looked over the curtain and started shouting "I can see her I can see the baby" He was telling me what was going on and when they pulled her out it felt like a ten ton weight being lifted off my stomach or a ballon popping.
She started crying straight away and they lifted her above the curtain so I could have a quick peek then they took her to check her over and wrap her in a towel then they handed her to Damien. He held her for about 5 minutes before the midwife took her off him and placed her on my chest.
Neither of us could stop crying! We were so happy to see her.
I wont even try to describe how it felt when I first saw her because there are no words that could describe it. It was the most happiest moment of my life and I have never even been close to feeling like that before. It's the best feeling in the whole entire world and I'm so proud of my baby!!!
We stayed in hospital for 2 days and are both doing great.
The pain afterwards when the spinal wore of was awful and the wound still does hurt at times but I just look at Summer and I can see the pain was well worth it.

Here are some pics sorry if they come out big.

2 hours old
PICT0061.jpg

2 hours old again
PICT0062.jpg

Summer having a well earned kip
PICT0074.jpg

1 day old
PICT0082.jpg

Proud Daddy and yawning baby!
PICT0071.jpg

Me and Summer, she was about 4 hours old here
PICT0078.jpg

So pleased to hear that you had a good birth experience.

Thankyou for sharing your story and pictures.

You have a beautiful daughter. xxx Congratulations to all the family. xxx

Well done. xxx

Many congrats to you, you have a lovely family there.

Thanks for your story

Hope you feel better soon, the pain does go away,

awww she is gorgeous. Congrats again :hug:

many congratulations ................ she is such a cutie :dance: :dance:

Congratulations she is gorgeous!
Welcome Summer! :hug: What a lovely name!

Shes gorgeous Vick, so glad everything went so well for you babe :hug:

ahhh she's so cute hugging her bunny... Congratulations... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back