Lily Grace,s birth 2nd june 09

yummymum

Reaction score
As I am new here this was 8months ago but thought i would still share
On 1st june i went to be induced because of low water levels that was found the week before I was 37wks pregnant ...rang hospital at 6:30am for a bed was told to come in for
7:30 ....Got there met the mw that was going to be looking after me who called the on call doc to come and assess me ....
8:30 the doc came and examined me and said i was 2~3 cm and she could feel lots of water round babies head so she wasnt happy to start induction with out scan to see what my water levels was ..
.the waiting was awful i wasnt scanned until 12 ....then they came and said my water had dropped even more ...
so onto the drip of syntocinon which made me contract they said they would assess my cervix again in 4 hrs ....i was contracting every 3 mins from 1:30 pm ....by 4 the doc hadnt come bk so i was cryin for pain relief which they gave me diamorphine and a anti sickness drug i kept fallin asleep ...they asssesed my cervix at 5:30 and i was a good 3cm stetchy was told they would assess again in 4 hrs so 4 more hrs of painful contractions and sickness and falling asleep ...when they assessed me at 9:30 there was no change at all from 9:30 til 12midnight its a blur of throwin up and pain ...then the doc said i had been on drip for max time and they would be taking me for section
They gowned me up explained the risks and took me to thetre i was given the spinal block and within minutes i couldnt feel anything and while they was tuggin at me i said i couldnt breath turns out the spinal block had gone up too high and was ristricting my breathing ...I was on oxgyen and was scared it was all going wrong as they said it would take about half hr and this was about 55mins later ....i didnt even realise LILY was born until i saw them working on her nobody would tell me anything ...what seemed like an enternaty they passed my hubby the baby and was still sorting me out i had a grade 3 bleed and it took some packing and cleaning to sort when they had done they took the screen down to which i proceeded to throw up over the thertre stafff ...in recovery 1 hr 30 mins after Lily being born i got to hold her ...she weighed 5lb 4oz

here is a pic of Lily grace a few hours old
lilynew.jpg

and this was Lily Grace yesturday
Picture0011.jpg

Look at those HUGE blue eyes!! She's soooooo beautiful!! I bet you're so proud, you should be!
I go all gooey over babies! Makes me want Aug to come round just that more quickly!! :-D
X

Awww, what a day for you :( BUt look at the result :love: Gorgeous little smasher :)

So beautiful - babies are little miracles and yours is just gorgeous xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back