Ruby Ellen arrived 10 December 2007

s

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've been absent from the forum for quite some time but wanted to let you know that my little gorgeous girl arrived safely. My waters broke early so I had to be induced and put on a hormone drip for what became a pretty intense and painful labour. I was 33 hours in labour and when fully dilated told that I would only have to push for an hour. This took two hours and they needed to use ventouse and an episotomy to get her out in the end. The ventouse was bloody painful - the most painful part of the labour. But it was joyous when they threw her on my tummy like a wet fish and I could see her face and see that she was okay. We're getting used to each other as a family. She's 14 days old and doesn't like to sleep at night. She's a night owl like her dad. I've had a bit of bad luck in that my episotomy wound opened and got infected. I'm actually finding the recovery hard as I'm house bound, though not in a lot of pain. Just anxious for the wound to knit back together. Has this happened to anyone else?
Happy Christmas to everyone. Funningly enough the labour was horrendous but I wouldn't have changed it now that I have my little girl.
S
PS Will put photos on in a few days

Hiya,
Sorry your labour was not one to remember.
I had bother with my c section wound getting infected and not closing due to the wound clotting so I can relate to the house bound but in a good few months you wont remember it too much.

I hope your stitiches heal, it must be had to go to the loo, you poor soul. :hug:

And to you too laetitia. I was delighted when I saw your news. How are you feeling?
s

:cheer: CONGRATULATIONS :cheer:

I'm sorry it was not a great experience for you:hug:

congratulations - she has the same birthday as my DS :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27