Scarlett Elizabeth born 03.05.07 by emergency c- section

Marymary

Reaction score
Well all I can say is :shock: :shock: :shock:

Labour was a massive 28 hour event and my god I felt it lol.

About 2am Tues morning I woke up having contractions about every 20mins, I even came on here for a bit trying to ignore them as my midwife had told me that day they were just BH :roll: You might have seen my posts about all that.. anyway.. they got really bad and about 4am I woke OH and we lay in bed till 6am timing them by which time they were every 6 mins apart. I had a bath and called the hospital.

They told us to come in and we went straight to the birthing suite as we'd planned a natural, drug free, water birth (oh how this makes me laugh now :rotfl: )

I was only 1cm dilated though and they told me it was false labour and to go home :x which we did even though contractions were less than 5mins apart now and I spent the next few hours in bed crying with my tens on. We went back in (cant remeber the time) a few hours later when they were every two mins and they let me have some pethadine but as my waters hadn't gone and id not had a show they told me it would be hours and hours or still false labour so I sent Stuart home to rest so he'd be better for later.

They moved me into a room on my own and I cant describe the pain I was in lol, I was delirious and begged for pain relief and got a second dose of pethadine, kept crying, kept being told it was hours away and basically just screamed.

My show came and then seconds later my waters went with a massive gush and I rang stu who had already come back but hadnt been allowed in so was sleeping in the car in the car park lol, I was sent up to the delivery suite where all notions of a natural brith went out the window lol.

Stu met me in there where I was begging for an epidural, the midwives told me the anatheists were in theatre and it was unlikely. I went a bit bonkers then on the gas and air claiming they were conspiring against me and didnt want me to have it because they didnt like me lol, eventually the anatheist came in and I didnt believe he was the anatheists , I kept saying he was just a cleaner and they were trying to fob me off!!! :oops:

He did that and we started pushing, I kept saying it hurt and when they checked it had fallen out!!!! They did it again but this time a younger girl anatheist did it and it took over an hour of her trying to get it in, with me bent over contracting and being told not to move! and I had another top up after that. Then they tried ventouse while i pushed to get her out because she was in a funny postions and that didnt work.

By this time she was getting tired and they said they were gonna try forceps but if it failed Id need a c section but they were gonna do it all in the theatre to save the time moving me incase i needed the section.

They decided to put in a spinal block, so lying on the table bent over, the same girl tried to do the spinal block and that took 1hour and 20mins to get it in, eventually they brought back the first anatheist to put it in bcos she just couldnt do it and even he struggled then, I then threw up and the surgeon started arguing with the anatheist saying i still had some pain relief left from the epidural and they had better leave the spinal and try the forceps before it wore off.

He was just about to but then luckily manages to get it in and they try forceps, but guess what, it didn't work. They later told me her head was being bashed against my pelvis everytime i pushed and id never have got her out naturally.

I then had the section and Stu was in bits, i looked over and he was crying. He said later he was so worried, all the drugs I had had made me so out of it and it was really harrowing watching them all mess with me like that.

We heard her cry and she was passed to us at 6.33am weight 7lb 2oz she has a bit of a bruise on her head from all the bashing but is absolutely perfect, it was such an ordeal but its so true what they say, u really do forget the pain because the end result is amazing.

Im totally overwhelmed, love her so much and would do it all over again if i had to.

Ill add pics soon

first of all congratulations and welcome scarlett! :hug:

wow, sounds like u had a tough time :shock:

so glad all is well tho!
x

welcome to the c section club hun, im sorry u had to go thru all that tho :shock:
congrats on Scarlett, im sure shes worth it!! :cheer: :cheer:

Sounds like you had a really rough time, bless your poor husband, it must be so hard watching your loved one be treated like that. Anyway, Congratulations, enjoy your new baby. Can't wait to see the pics of her :hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratulations hun
Sorry to hear you had a bad time
Gas and air really does send you loopy doesnt it lol :D
I cant wait to see pics

congratulations :D

Can't wait for the pics :D

Congratulations on your new little girl :hug: i love her name its absolutely beautiful ( one of my choices) cant wait to see her pics :hug: xxxx

I'm sorry you had to go through all that hun :cry:
But... :dance: :cheer: CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer: :dance:
AND WELL DONE! :clap: :clap:

:shock: My gosh!!

Glad you are enjoying her finally, looking forward to piccies :D

CONGRATULATIONS

:dance: :cheer: :dance: :cheer:

Ah sorry you had a rough time, but well done, you've done the hard part now u can enjoy your daughter. Welcome baby Scarlett :cheer:

Ah congratulations. I think what ever way they come out its so amazing - well done you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back