Stoopid evap lines!

LouiseB

Reaction score
Ok, so here they are :)

Admittedly, they were not checked within the timeframe so i know they cannot be taken seriously - but what annoys me is that i take them exactly the same, dip and leave on the window sill and they keep coming up clear negative and then they start showing evap lines!

Its not so clear on todays (10 dpo) because it's still yellow (gross) but there is a faint line there too.

Has anyone had the same thing happening to them?

The top set are tweeked, the bottom set are au natural.

HPTs.jpg

Last edited:
Good job I saved my cup of pee....

I have the same tests as you so I've just dipped in todays pee to see what happens.....

I'll post the pic soon...

I really honestly have never seen an evap, so I don't know what one looks like?

Surely if you got evaps once you'd get them all the time,

xx

9DPO is a definate line!! And I think I can see 10 DPO too.....

I see the lines too. I thought evaps were not coloured lines?? x x

9dpo deffo looks positive it doesnt look like an evap atall. Maybe your pee is more stronger in the afternoon i know my tests were darker then. So maybe try in the afternoon?

In agreement with Tracey, can defo see a line & even when I zoom in on the pic on my phone & goes all funny can still see it
xxx

Yeah, i see the lines but i don't know whether to take them serious or not - it's annoying.

I did get a test similar to the 9 dpo one last cycle and still got a BFN - this one:
postest1.jpg

I'm glad i've been recharging my resolve :shock:

I'd love to see yours Maybe :)

aaaarrrggghhh I feel your pain!! Just want to see a bright red mega line next to control line - none of this squinting stuff!

Hi Girls!

Just peed on the same test at 2dpo, as expected not a sniff of a line, I actually don't believe in evaps, only very faint positives.

Can't find my camera Lou so you'll have to take my word for it..

Keep testing though hun, but don't try to save up pee, dehydration can cause miscarriage.

xx

Get OH to do one and put it next to your own and you will see a difference.

Thanks Maybe - i can't stand my throat feeling dry so i drink quite a lot.

Staying off the caffiene too! On my second white tea and lemon of the day :)

Leave you test on the window sill Maybe and see if it changes by tonight please :oooo: You too Tracey ;)

I wonder if 10mui is too sensitive but then wouldn't i get evaps all the time...? I need to look into Hcg levels.

Last edited:
Yep, test on window, I'll take a piccy later as the camera's in Hubby's bag.

With regards to HCG we normally have 5miu or less in our systems.

Apparently, if a woman is pregnant, the amount of hCG in her system should be around 25 mIU at 10 dpo (days past ovulation), 50 mIU at 12 dpo, 100 mIU at around two weeks dpo.

On average a woman's HCG levels double every 30 hours. Non-pregnant women have HCG levels of 5.

-First response early tests (up to 6 days before AF) 12.5 mIU

-Boots own pregnancy tests 25 mIU

-Clearblue 25 mIU

-Hospital non-branded HCG tests 100 mIU

Also remember some women don't produce enough hCG until 3 weeks after their period is due so don't give up hope of pregnancy if AF hasn't arrived and you still get a BFN.

Hope this helps,

xx

Thanks Maybe, i'd read somewhere that we already have some hcg so i thought maybe it was that but that still shouldn't show on a 10 miu test :roll:

Stoooooooopid tests :wall2: I'm going to see if todays is no longer yellow lol

Edit - ick, i think it's going to stay yellow. I must have been v dehydrated last night. I still see a line on it, but it's much fainter that 9dpo pm.

Last edited:
I can so see lines. I'm getting a good vibe about this - keep it up! Two dark red lines seem a total possibility to me xxx

Goddess! How Frustrating!! How can you have a line at 9 days and not at 10 days? I've never seen an evap, my tests seem pretty clear to me. Load up todays. I would have said definitely pregnant by the 9 day one, but shouldnt it get stronger not weaker?

lol - when i saw your name on the topic thread i thought, uh oh, here comes the dose of reality!

You must be in a good mood today :)

10dpo is today and there is a very faint line, that i can see ok but the yellow kind of masks it in the photo. I know what you mean StarFish, i thought maybe the time of day might change the strength of the line.

Just got to wait now. I'll test again tonight and tomorrow and then update.

Fingers crossed for you. There's definitely something there. Hope tomorrow gives you a darker line. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back