Stitches starting to hurt...

treeze

Reaction score
Just wondered those of you who has stitches when they started hurting?

I had a 2nd degree tear and I've had no pain at all from them up til yesterday and then started to become really sore. I've got bad piles again too and it could be them that are causing the pain?

I managed to look at the stitches yesterday and they don't look swollen or anything but it does still look like it's bleeding.

Just seems odd that they have been fine for 3 days and then suddenly start hurting? any ideas?

This happened to me and it was because mine had become infected. Keep an eye on it and get checked as better to start on antibiotics sooner rather than later if it is that x

Not sure hun as I didn't have any but I hope you are feeling better soon x

it could be because you are starting to heal....does it feel like a pain or a pinch?...hard to explain..lol

I had a 2nd degree tear and stitches too and theyve been hurting more last night and today ... sorry i dont have advice but ill be keeping an eye on this thread! x

ahw thanks cherelle... i started another thread after this one called "gaping stitches" (lovely - not!)...

basically i had a look at them and the top stitch knot is nice and tight still but below that there was a bit of a gape and you could see the tear comingopen slightly.

midwife is coming back today to check them and they do feel ALOT better now. Midwife said sometimes with 2nd degree they just stitch the internal muscle and the outside sort of heals itself back together so maybe this is what's going on...

will find out how they are doing this morning... hope your's don't give you too much grief.

love you photies - you look FAB for just having had a baby!!! i'm so pleased he's finally here xx

Thanks!!! I cant believe hes here finally its amazing! I did get a bit overwhelmed last night and i was so exhausted but my OH took over and i managed to have a bath and a bit of a sleep so i feel much better now.

I havent even looked at my stitches yet .... might see if i can take a peek later on. Hope your midwife can give you some answers! I might ask mine to have a look at me if im still in as much pain in a couple of days or so x

Oh it is such an overwhelming time eh... sounds like your OH is a great support and just a couple of hours catch-up on sleep can make all the difference. they say day 3 after the birth is when your hormones go slightly doo-lally!

i didn't look at my stitches until about day 3 or 4!! They do say the healing time is 2 to 3 weeks for a 2nd degree or episiotomy but mine were fine on days 1 and 2 and it was day 3 they started hurting for about 3 days and then they started to feel a bit better again. Deffo get midwife to have a check.. they must see different types of tears all the time and will know what looks normal - whereas we look and think "oh my poor lady-bits!" mind you mine didn't look half as bad as it felt like it was going to!!

midwife said all you can do is keep them nice and clean and let the air get to it when you can (i layed on my bed after i'd been to the loo with a fan blowing at my foof!!lol) not very ladylike but felt very relieving!
I would pre-warn hubby and josie and say "I'm going to air me bits now so don't come upstairs!!!" lol!

better go now - emmas just waking up x x x x

Ha! Airing the bits sounds good! I had a luke warm bath last night with a few drops of tea tree oil in and that seemed to soothe it a bit too x

Salt in the bath helps aswell. Ny stitches only felt normal after 6 weeks.

I was so scared to dtd aswell that I waited ages almost 7 weeks v v scared I had2nd tearing aswell.

Treeze your piles may be playing a part of the pain.
I hope you girls get better soon. X x

Try dolloping a load of calenula or arnica cream on a pad and sit on it ... Bliss x

My stitched started to hurt at about 3 weeks when they tightened... apparently thatd when they start to disolve. I had an episiotomy and then i tear all the way down to my ahem!

My stitched started to hurt at about 3 weeks when they tightened... apparently thatd when they start to disolve. I had an episiotomy and then i tear all the way down to my ahem!

I also had episiotomy and had 3 tears also. I'm mostly sore internally but one of my stitches is really stingy, I felt it yesterday and it felt a bit gapey. I can't even face looking at them in the mirror, I don't even want to know any details of my wound. Because I had mid cavity forceps the wound was really far in. I hope the pain eases soon. Defo going to try the arnica cream on a pad. The hospital gave me aromatherapy gel to use but it stings it really bad. I was told the sting usually means it's healing xx

I kept forgetting about mine and sitting on my foot :shock:

Can you get your partner to check?? I had mine checked everytime my midwife came out to me.

I thought one of my lower down ones felt gapey when I plucked up the courage and looked it was red and sore but a few dsys l8r it was fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back