Stitches...

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
I had stitches for a 2nd degree tear which seem to be doing ok but today and yesterday I've had a constant feeling of pressure - like I need a poo and also like there is loads of blood rushing to that area everytime I stand up.

Does this sound normal?

Midwife is coming tomorrow so will ask her to check them again - she came yesterday and said they looked fine.

my midwife didnt really care to b honest and only looked coz i asked her too!

but i felt n still do feel a aching pain and mentioned to doc yesterday and was told it was normal for a while coz if the pressure n bruising the "lady bits" have been through,

i had 10 stitches but have only just fully recoved, lol

x

Yeah I felt like that and a friend said to me that is probably where the stitches are dissolving and the skin is slightly tight and still more like scar tissue!h is 12wks old today and its not sore at all now!hope it goes soon!x

The midwife has been this morning and says it's not infected so it's obviously just normal healing. Just bloody uncomfortable! I can't sit upright for very long at all so doing most of my breastfeeding lying down. Just hope it gets better soon so I can at least move about!

It does get easier, but like every wound takes a long time to completely heal. I still get some tightness now (I had 14 stitches I think - lost count and forgot to ask!) but on the whole I don't notice any discomfort any more except straight after sex, which is putting a bit of a downer on things but I'm sure it will improve with more practice lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back