2nd degree tear plus piles

Hemera

Reaction score
:(

I hurt so much. had a 2nd degree tear in labour which very nearly went through to my back passage, had lots of stitches.

Few days after birth the stiched area felt ok but theres loads of pressure in my bum - checked it out and it looks like I have piles along hte stitch line. Going to the doctors today to see if they can sort anything but its actually getting more painful rather than less. Will update when I hear what the doctor says but has anyone else had this? how long did it take to fix and any suggestions to make it hurt less in the meantime?

Don't have any advice but lots of sympathy, hope you get on ok at the docs. Xx

buy a coccyx pillow to sit on, it will take some of the pressure off until you heal

xx

I got piles after giving birth but because i had back to back babies i tore the other way. Have you tried bathing the stitches/area in lukewarm water. Best to get checked out at docs though, they will prob give you something for the piles xx

I still have sore piles, hurt more than the grazes I had, funny cos I didn't have them before giving birth! Must be from pushing. Hope you get some relief and something from the doctor xx

I had a 3rd degree tear and over 2hrs of surgery and it took a good 6 months to go properly back to normal!it wasn't all painful though usually when I was due on or on my period it would ache (not pain) but it was sore for a couple of wks! Hope that helps!

I had a 2nd degree tear and piles. Saw my GP and they gave he Lactulose (a mild laxative) and some painkillers (co-dydramol (10mg of codeine and 500mg of paracetamol)) Good luck. xx

Turns out its not piles which is good. Just the way the wound looks and swelling around the stitches. They have given me an anugesiac to apply and its really helped with the pain. Guess its reduced the swelling. Hopefully it Will start to feel better soon.

Glad it's not piles, hope you feel better soon. I have one and it can be so sore, only appeared recently so must be from the birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back