Has anyone looked?? Tmi

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
Hi ladies I just wondered if any one has looked down below following labour?
I looked today and it doesn't look the same :/ I don't think I've healed right, there is a little bit that still looks kind of torn!

I've got to book my 6 week check this week do they check the stitches (btw I had 2nd degree tears and grazing :( ) xx

I have, it was carnage! I couldn't tell which hole was which, it was like chopped liver :( x

I'm never going to look at chopped liver again!!
But yeah your right carnage is the right word! I'm hoping it sorts itself out a bit more else I can't see me dtd again !! X

It does, I promise.
I guarantee mine does not look like carnage now. There is a definite scar from the episiotomy and a small 1-2mm bit of lower outer lip (can't remember the name) that looks like it should have been stitched/tidied but I'm just being picky now x

I've looked but that's because I was concerned about my episiotomy and it healing.

It didn't look that bad to me, aside from the hole that is... Lol it's like a second vajayjay. Oh and the bunch of grapes hanging outta my ass.

I'm healing apparently, according to the consultant I saw today, she said she was pleased with it. She told me not to have sex until 6 weeks have passed :rotfl: I said I won't be having sex ever again after this... Lol

It's still early days hun, I reckon it takes a good few months to heal there

I've never looked. OH did about a week after Jack was born and said he couldn't really see anything.

I'm too scared to look even now! I 'accidently' felt my scar in the bath a few months ago and it made me feel queasy! x

i looked few weeks back and was horrified, had a quick shave of the area with electric shave thoday and had a look at its still awful

its all just so open still like ya could fit all sorts in there and it looks sooo wrong and feel like there all sorts of hard lumpy bits there too and obvious scar tissue

not impressed 1 bit , neither is oh cos i told him he's not goin near it and even if he did he wouldnt know he was there anyway its so big lol

oh my god...i am so glad we are clearly all the same...

my 'entrance' looks huge.......and you can def see more just inside the hole than ever before. there appears to be additional hard fleshly lumps and bumps where there never used to be any lumps and bumps!!!

the hole looks massive!! ha ha...maybe all along i have been thinking that the 'hole' was the bit not healing and all that had ti close over.....but i'm starting to think tha maybe this will always be like this. its like there is more hole below where the old hole used to be? does this make sense to anyone else?

my mate who has had 4 kids told me 'it will never be the same again' which i can live with...so long as it would stop hurting...

but the fleshy lumps....im relieved im not the only one :) phew...

I've looked but that's because I was concerned about my episiotomy and it healing.

It didn't look that bad to me, aside from the hole that is... Lol it's like a second vajayjay. Oh and the bunch of grapes hanging outta my ass.

I'm healing apparently, according to the consultant I saw today, she said she was pleased with it. She told me not to have sex until 6 weeks have passed :rotfl: I said I won't be having sex ever again after this... Lol

It's still early days hun, I reckon it takes a good few months to heal there

lol...with you on that one......rod, jayne and freddie are back...and they have brought bungle, george and zippy with them this time...i thought the buggers have gone...
im that fed up i have actually resorted to suppositories!!!

Oh God, thank you for this thread, I will never look down there :sick:
Please someone tell me that it will eventually go back to normal even I it takes a whole year :shock:

well my mate said hers never went back to normal..but she just got used to how it looked...lol

as i say....so long as it stops hurting, i dont care how it looks...

it feels very tight up there so hubby gonna be happy..whenever i am eventualy up to having sex again...lol

dont worry though chick...your labour might be a breeze and you'll be back to normal in super quick time...

the baby is worth it all xx

Lol @ rod Jayne and freddy!!

I haven't done anything to mine yet, was hoping they would go on my own.

Oh, and I didn't think it looked too bad down there, but then I don't really have a good memory of what it was like before.

Phil tells me it's carnage :shock: he pulled a squiffy face when I asked him to look. So it seems I was wrong!!! Lol

I don't like how it feels, it's kinda tight down there.

I don't even think I'll be brave enough to use a tampon when AF shows!!

im just glad they gave me an oral tablet for my thrush!! xx

Mine seems to look normal apart from the big bermuda hole! ha Also I had a tear on my labia so had a couple of stiches but there is still a gap between which has now healed but it doesn't bother me too much. I am wondering whent he linea negra will dispappear too? xxx

It took me about 9 weeks to pluck up the courage to check mine out, and I was quite surprised actually. I expected it to be all damaged and bigger and stretchy! But in fact it all looked exactly how I remembered!

It took aaaages for me to summon my courage and look - I had a forceps delivery, episiotomy, piles, etc. It was horrific enough having a feel when I was taking a shower.

When I did look though, there was only a faint episiotomy scar left, everything else looked completely normal. The scar is pretty much gone now and looks exactly like before.

It does NOT feel like before though! It's tight as a vice and the scar tissue hurts when stretched (happened once, do not want to repeat that any time soon!)

I had a look just to make sure everything was healing properly after having stitches rather than it going infected or anything else, mine seems to look the same if not just a bit stretched and swollen x x

omg as im reading this Im doing my pelvic floor exercises (ive heard if ur muscles are strong down there theres less chance of tearing is that right?)

I can deal with anything else scars, big hole (hubby says its like a bucket just now cheeky git) but please god dont let me have piles had enough bother with one in the past dont think i could handle a whole bunch of them lol xx

omg as im reading this Im doing my pelvic floor exercises (ive heard if ur muscles are strong down there theres less chance of tearing is that right?)

I can deal with anything else scars, big hole (hubby says its like a bucket just now cheeky git) but please god dont let me have piles had enough bother with one in the past dont think i could handle a whole bunch of them lol xx
I think pelvic floor exercises are more about preventing incontinence rather than tears :hug: Don't think one can do much to prevent those:( Mind you, I'd have tears over piles any day, those are evil.

I think pelvic floor exercises are more about preventing incontinence rather than tears :hug: Don't think one can do much to prevent those:( Mind you, I'd have tears over piles any day, those are evil.

My midwife told me PF exercises can reduce tears, I really hope so!! This is my main concern! Remember asking a friend at her sons first birthday if they were planning another and she told me not till down there went back to normal- that was after a year! Traumatised doesn't cover it!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back