Still no baby movement at 16+6

ButterflySkye

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Im still not experiencing any movement in my belly, what so ever. None of the feelings that Ive read about online Ive had. My friend is 3 days ahead of me and shes been feeling it since about 14 weeks! I sometimes think that could be movement but then I have a bit of gas. Last scan was at 15 weeks and baby very active and healthy so I know its probably all okay in there now but just cant help but worry. Ive had no pains, no bleeding, no discharge.

Is doing alot of walking bad in pregnancy? I do a a few of miles a day when I go to Uni. When I do, I notice by belly goes hard and sticks out.

Im also having extremly bad leg pain too. At night especially. When I lay on my Right side I just feel the pain building up in my lower thighs, knees and then calfs. So I move back to the left. Only been happening for this last week and Its getting to me now. Id just love to fall asleep on my belly :-(

Hope some of you experienced ladies can help!

xxxxx

If it helps to put your mind at ease I didn't feel my baby move until just before my scan at 21 weeks. I was doing loads of exercise too - spin classes, walking, cross training etc.

I was told I had an anterior placenta which was the reason why it took me so long to feel anything.

I know it's hard not to panic but try not to :)

i think i was about 17 or 18 weeks when i felt me first movements with my little girl.. and even then they were so tiny they would have been very easy to miss.

walking is meant to be very good for you in pregnancy, and swimming but i would maybe check with your midwife about the leg pain just to get it checked really.

regarding laying on your tummy .. towards the end of my pregnancy last time my hubby bought me a BUMPBAG.. which is a big oval shaped beanbag with a hole in the middle for your bump. Although it was £75 it was the best buy ever!!! it was such a relief to be able to lay on my front again and stretch out my back and legs - i never slept overnight on it but i think just being able to stretch out during the day for a few hours was enough.... we also used it loads once my little girl was born with a cushion in the hole for her to lay/sit in (like those baby donut things). So like i say although it was expensive we used it loads and loads whilst i was pregnant and once Josie was born so it was well worth the money. Their website is www.bumpbag.co.uk but you might find one 2nd hand or on ebay? It is rather large though!

take care and don't worry i'm sure you will feel some movements soon.. i think they say the average is 18-20 weeks but sometimes even later than that so try not to worry x x x

With my first baby I didn't feel deinate movement until about 18/19 weeks and I knew for sure then that it was baby moving. This time I felt baby at 14 weeks, but not regularly until about the same time as my first. With regards to the leg pain in bed I get this too, also in my hip and it's awful. I have a bump pillow which I got from Blooming Marvelous when I had my daughter but to ease the leg and hip pain put a pillow in between your legs at night and I assure you it will help! I just use a ordinary pillow in between my legs when I am lay on my side and it is almost instant relief!

I too never felt anything with this one til over 22 weeks as my placenta was at the front and blocking the movements. It did have me worried and was weird seeing the baby stretching and kicking at the scan cos i could see her do it but couldnt feel a thing. I wouldnt worry about it just now hun, as long as the midwife hears the heartbeat at appointments then all is ok!

I didn't feel any flutters until 19-20 weeks and took a good few weeks for them to become definite movements so I wouldn't worry hun :D

xxx

Like the rest of the girls have mensioned everyone experiences movement at different times. I wouldnt worry you know your baby is fine xxx

I didnt feel movement until about 18 weeks and then it felt a bit like wind little flutters was very hard ot know that was what the movement was. My placenta was at the front which shielded babys kicks, I invested in a doppler for my piece of mind ur baby will soon be letting u know they are there with big kicks xx

maybe your leg pain is cause by the baby hitting a wee nerve of some kind? My sister didn't feel her baby move until 18 weeks xx you're not alone hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back